4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2015 3:16 AM by imtweety

After Effects for Mac OS X 10.10.1

niceinvietnam

I'm looking for a version of AE for Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.1). The only version I could find said that it was not supported for my Mac. Also, when I try to install it from the official Adobe website, it never downloads. If someone could help me, I would be very thankful!

• 1. Re: After Effects for Mac OS X 10.10.1
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Anything in the Creative Cloud app is compatible with Yosemite. I'm running the entire suite now. You install from the Creative Cloud app which should be installed first. If you are running into installation problems using the app make sure you are on a good connection, make sure Creative Cloud app is up to date, and make sure your Adobe ID is good.

If you still don't have any luck or AE does not show up in the Apps list let us know. You could have a system compatibility issue not related to the OS.

• 2. Re: After Effects for Mac OS X 10.10.1
            imtweety

I would like to keep both CS6 and Update to current CC. Is that possible?  ~ especially for AFTER EFFECTS, PHOTOSHOP.

Because once Mac upgrades to OX 10.10 (Yosemite), After Effects CS6 won't run.  Correct?

So I haven't upgrade my Mac system; it is still running OX10.8.5! (Lion)

However, when I downloaded the Creative Cloud, it simply said: I have current CC running and asked me to quit that version.  ~ HOW?

As a result, some application simply can't be installed and 'run': such as After Effects CC, Flash CC, InDesign CC.... all failed!

What should I do? Should I 'uninstall the previous Creative Cloud (entire bundle)? and Reinstall the latest CC set?  Without affecting existing CS6 series (all intact)???

Hope some expert understand my question & can answer me.  I spent hours trying to figure this out.....

And the weird thing is: like I hit 'Download' for After Effects CC, it says: it is downloading.............  TAKES FOREVER! NEVER SEE IT TO MY COMPUTER.

THANKS A LOT!

• 3. Re: After Effects for Mac OS X 10.10.1
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

imtweety wrote:

Because once Mac upgrades to OX 10.10 (Yosemite), After Effects CS6 won't run.  Correct?

Incorrect. CS6 runs on Yosemite. However, it has the same major issues all the other AE versions have on Yosemite. Read about it here: After Effects good to go with Mac OSX v10.10 (Yosemite)

It's never a good idea to upgrade an OS in the middle of a project. If things are going well, wait until you have some down time.

You might consider just upgrading to Mavericks instead of Yosemite (if you have that option).

imtweety wrote:

However, when I downloaded the Creative Cloud, it simply said: I have current CC running and asked me to quit that version.  ~ HOW?

If you already have the Creative Cloud software on your machine, you shouldn't need to download it again.

• 4. Re: After Effects for Mac OS X 10.10.1
                imtweety Level 1

Today I ran into these problems:

1) I tried to download After Effects CC, and it never 'worked out'. because the following:

2) The 'Application Manager' I used to have before, hanging over from top should show me:

~ All the CS6 or CC applications, that i can 'update' or 'Install'.  But this 'Apps' panel is simply turning the 'clocks' forever! It's like not 'connecting thru' or failed to reach Creative Cloud Apps!

3) The 'Creative Cloud Installer.dmg' file I downloaded never Open Correctly to reach 'the above panel' either (automatically open 'Apps' and users can update or install.)

So:

3) I used "Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool" to Erase Both: the Application Manger, and the Creative Cloud Installer.  Then RESTART!  and SAME RESULT: The 'Apps' Tab is not showing anything; and I can't exit.

The 'Quit' button is also grey out. 

What Am I Getting into? How to further install or update anything~ either CS6 or CC Apps?

I had everything worked great, in tune before..... before I had this new Creative Cloud Installer.

The error message I ran into:

~ Another version of 'Creative Cloud' is already running, you need to quit (close) that in order to run this one.  (something like this ....)

~ AE, InDesign, Flash.... all failed to install/update. Because it asked me to:

***Uninstall & reinstall".  I did try with 'Uninstall', didn't remove all contents. So I used 'Cleaner Tool'.

After all these trouble and steps, not WORKING!  I feel it's simply hanging in the process of reaching Creative Cloud Apps.

Important Reference:

*CS6 Apps are currently okay on this Macpro..... since I haven't 'upgraded' my Mac OS to Yosemite.

I'M STILL RUNNING 10.8.5 MOUNTAIN LION.  I need to keep other Mac Apps like Final Cut Pro & plugs running smoothly. So I just don't want to upgrade this major working MacPro (2012, 2.7GHz, Corei7)

The other Mac (iMac~ 2.9GHz, i5) had things installed and run okay, which upgraded to Yosemite. And run the entire CS6 and AE (CC), PHOTOPHSOP (CC), without problems so far.  But that is a 2nd working mac.

I did check 'firewall' (is off), and use physical cable/line connection to the web; not wifi.

Ah!  A HORRIBLE & FRUSTRATING DAY!!!!!!  NO WORK DONE.

PLEASE HELP!  THANK YOU MUCH!