7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 2:35 PM by andreeap13585236

Trial expired! How to add serial?

andreeap13585236

Hi,

Started using LR on a new computer and my trial has expired, I didn't have the serial number available when I was promoted with the option to enter it and now I can't seem to find anywhere to add the serial number.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP!!! Thank you

• 1. Re: Trial expired! How to add serial?
          elie-d Level 4

If we are talking about the perpetual license version of LR and you have a 24 digit serial number (for LR 5 starting 1160), half way down the Help menu click on Registration.

• 2. Re: Trial expired! How to add serial?
            Steveatesh Level 1

My trial version was downloaded from the CC part of Adobe. I decided to go for the standalone perpetual license. I thought it best to uninstall the trail version, buy the license then re download from the link provided at that point.

PainLess. It even recognized my trial catalogue immediately.

just got to learn how to use it properly now!

• 3. Re: Trial expired! How to add serial?
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Although the CC version and the standalone version are the same program, they are licensed differently. The standalone needs a serial number, the CC version needs your Adobe ID and password.

• 4. Re: Trial expired! How to add serial?
                andreeap13585236 Level 1

I was finally prompted with a window to introduce a serial number when I tried to open a file with LR (downloaded via CC) and it says my serial number is invalid.

As I mentioned before I have been using LR (standalone version... I think) with the 24 digit serial on my laptop I'm trying to transfer it on my desktop computer.

Why does it consider my serial invalid? 

• 5. Re: Trial expired! How to add serial?
                  Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

andreeap13585236 wrote:

I was finally prompted with a window to introduce a serial number when I tried to open a file with LR (downloaded via CC) and it says my serial number is invalid.

As I mentioned before I have been using LR (standalone version... I think) with the 24 digit serial on my laptop I'm trying to transfer it on my desktop computer.

Why does it consider my serial invalid?

The answer is to remove the CC downloaded app and install the one from this page, second down on the left and simply choose windows or mac.

• 6. Re: Trial expired! How to add serial?
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure how many different ways there are to say this. Lightroom, downloaded from the CC, cannot be activated with a serial number! If you have installed the CC licensed version of Lightroom, then you will have to uninstall it and install the standalone version. The CC version is activated using your Adobe ID and Adobe password. But in order to do that, you need to have signed up for a creative cloud subscription. The programs are exactly the same, but they are licensed completely differently and are not interchangeable.

• 7. Re: Trial expired! How to add serial?
                      andreeap13585236 Level 1

Well you were not as clear the last time. However, thank you! I will just get rid of the CC then and install the stand alone version.