5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2015 7:23 PM by A.T. Romano

I want to duplicate a title.

can't duplicate text Level 1

I have premiere Elements 12.   Why is the duplicate feature unavailable?  I want to duplicate a title.  Do I need to upgrade or something?

• 1. Re: I want to duplicate a title.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

can't

Please verify how you are trying to duplicate your title created in the project's Titler workspace.

1. Are creating the title in the Premiere Elements 12/12.1's Titler and then closing the Titler and then.....

2. next opening Project Assets, right clicking the title's thumbnail there, and selecting Duplicate from the drop down menu?

The other question is do you really mean "duplicate" the title? Instead do you mean how to save it for use in another project?

Your question wording does not suggest that, so this is a just in case question. If this should be the case however, what you need to

do is the following

1. Create you title in the Titler. Close the title.

2. Then select the title's thumbnail in Project Assets.

3. Then you go to File Menu/Export/Title and the "Title" choice will be there, not grayed out.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next if the answer is not in the above. Please include mention of the

computer operating system on which your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 is running. And, if you have not yet installed the 12.1 Update, please do so

using an opened project's Help Menu/Update.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I want to duplicate a title.

Hi ATR,

I have v12.1. 

I'm trying to do what should be a very straightforward thing.  I have a baseball team with 15 players, as each players photo comes up i want fancy script with a certain color, and showing each players name.  Do do this i added all the player pictures to the project.  Then i created the first text title with the font,color, location, etc and the players name.  The result looked good.  Now i simply want to copy that text title so the copy has all the font setting, color, location, etc.  I just want to change the name of each player.  I noticed using the v12.1 I don't have the ability to "duplicate", I do have the ability to "copy" but when i make a copy and then paste the copy over the second players picture and change the text to show the second players name, i realized that for some reason both text titles now show the second players name???

I'm not sure, but I believe from a previous post that I'll need to use the "duplicate" feature for this.  However, it does not seem to be available in v12.1.  Do I need to upgrade to v13 or something so the "duplicate" feature will be enabled and I can then duplicate text titles with formatting within the same project?

Thank you,

Mark

• 3. Re: I want to duplicate a title.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

The Duplicate choice is in Premiere Elements 12/12.1 as I have described in post 1.

Duplicate.jpg

What workspace are you working in. I am describing the Expert workspace. Are you in the Quick workspace by any chance?

You want to be in the Expert workspace. Please remind me what computer operating system your Premiere Elements is running on.

Please reconsider and let us know the results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: I want to duplicate a title.

Thank you very much that worked.

I didn't understand from you first message.  Originally when I right-click on the title, i was expecting the "duplicate" feature to be listed there.  I didn't realize that I needed to go find the title under "Project Assets" then "right-click".

I'm very happy to know how to do that now.  Thanks again!

• 5. Re: I want to duplicate a title.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

Wonderful news that you have found the Duplicate option for the titles in Project Assets.

On another matter...

When it comes to titles created in the Titler, being able to save a title separately to the computer hard drive for use in another project

can be a big help. I wrote about that in one of the earlier posts in your thread.

1. Create you title in the Titler. Close the title.

2. Then select the title's thumbnail in Project Assets.

3. Then you go to File Menu/Export/Title and the "Title" choice will be there, not grayed out.

Please let me know if you need any further details on that. The title files saved to the computer hard drive will have a file extension = .prtl.

The saved titles can be

a. titles created in the Titler

and

b. Title Templates that you have dragged to the Timeline from under the Titles & Text Tab.

Best wishes

ATR