3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2015 11:42 AM by A.T. Romano

can't export video for computer-use in 1920x1080 60p

peterk123W

hello,

I am new here, live in germany, my name is Peter. my cam is a CANON S120.

unfortunately I did my last holliday cideos all in full-HD with 60P and now I sit here in front of my Prem.-Elements V13 which seems to be the wrong software.

maybe I am doing something wrong, what is the magic about this issue?

I can import, edit, scrubb, do transitions with my footage -which is MP4 19020x1080 60p PAL.

but I cant export, the only choice premiere elem. shows me is 30P..

und abschliessend - hier muss englisch geschrieben werden ?

gruss

Peter

• 1. Re: can't export video for computer-use in 1920x1080 60p
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Please consider

1. Confirm that you really want an export of PAL H.264 1920 x 1080p50 instead of PAL H.264 1920 x 1080p60. But I will proceed with the information using p60

Under Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30, you are overlooking the Advanced export settings under the Advanced Button of the preset MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30. You can customize the preset so that you can export H.264 1920 x 1080p60.

In Premiere Elements 13, there are two ways

1. In the Export Settings area that opens when you click on Advanced Button/followed by Video Tab, click on Match Source.

At this time, I advise against this choice since

a. classically in earlier version this type of approach has not worked

and

b. there is not enough evidence to know that it is always going to work in 13...try it after each use to assure that you are getting the wanted export.

2. I prefer to set the settings myself - note the Advanced Button in the right sector of the screenshot, under The Save In field and the selected Video Tab in the left sector of the screenshot.

advanced settings.JPG

Please review and consider and then let us know what worked for you. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: can't export video for computer-use in 1920x1080 60p
            peterk123W Level 1

Hi thanks for the answer.

yes, I realy use PAL 60P in full-HD. an MPEG file H.264 in an MP4 container

and

I tried your instruction and it worked.

so I saved this as my own settings for AVCHD Exxport.

thank you very much.

I will check all the other items if I can do it the same way, MPEG doesnt work. and DVD or BLUERAY also only 30FPS? is that right ? you may shorten my trial and errors...;-)

brgds

• 3. Re: can't export video for computer-use in 1920x1080 60p
              A.T. Romano Level 7

peterk

Premiere Elements 13 Publish+Share/Disc/

Bottom Line: you are going to get 29.97 or 25 interlaced frames, with the exception of 23.976 progressive frame rate in certain  AVCHD and Blu-ray preset choice.

And, even in some of the Publish+Share/Computer/ choices, there can be only the choices of 23.976, 29.97, 30, or 25 frames per second.

Details

Publish+Share/Disc

DVD

For DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc....

NTSC frame rate 29.97 interlaced frames per second

PAL frame rate 25 interlaced frames per second

For AVCHD format on DVD disc

The presets which include i NTSC Dolby in their name are all 29.97 interlaced frames per second

The presets which include p NTSC Dolby in their name are all 23.976 progressive frames per second

The presets which include i PAL Dolby in their name are all 25 interlaced frames per second.

BLU-RAY

For Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc

The presets which include i NTSC Dolby in their name are all 29.97 interlaced frames per second

The presets which include p NTSC Dolby in their name are all 23.976 progressive frames per second

The presets which include i PAL Dolby in their name are all 25 interlaced frames per second.

Please let me know if you need any more information on this.

Thank you.

ATR