3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2015 10:29 AM by peterk123W

import AC3 5.1, export only stereo

peterk123W

hello

this is my second issue.

I have audio files in 48khz AC3 5.1, I can import them to my m footage, but from that moment on it is only stereo.

Premeiere Elemty V13 does not support AC3 5.1?

I am also not able to tell PremElemts to use my ASIO, it only shows a WDM-driver which is not active on my computer, there is only ASIO and my window 7 sound does the "bling" on every speaker in the testpanel.

(my sound equipment does AC3 5.1 I make the surroundfiles by myself, in VEGAS they work correctly -tested this on a computer with my friend...the files are OK)

togehter with my 60P issue those issues would bring me to ask the community.

from ADOBE there is no answer except :"we support AC3" but AC3 is not AC3 - there is 5.1 which I use and 2.0 which I dont use.

brgds

Peter

• 1. Re: import AC3 5.1, export only stereo
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Premiere Elements (any version) does not offer 5.1 channel sound in any of its burn to end products - not Dolby Digital 5.1, AAC 5.1, Windows Media Audio 10 Professional 5.1....I am understanding AC3 as representing Dolby Digital which could be stereo (2 channel) or 5.1 channel (6 channels).

But, you do have limited opportunities to export to file a file that has 5.1 channel audio. It is not going to be Dolby Digital 5.1. It will be

AAC 5.1 or a Windows Media Audio 10 Professional 5.1 channel. The key to using even those limited possibilities is to be working from a

project preset described for use with 5.1 channel audio. And, not all the Adobe project presets come with 5.1 channel included in its description.

The answer has been to make your own project preset to include 5.1 before opening your new project using your user created project preset as the project preset

in your new project.

I have done extensive and innovative work in the matter of Premiere Elements and 5.1 channel. The following is the first in a series of reports of how tos on this

matter.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Exporting a 1080p50 or 1080p60 file with 5.1 Channel Audio

I have other blog posts on this matter in the same location as the above. And, I will posts the other links if you are interested. Please let me know if you have

questions or need clarification on the matter.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: import AC3 5.1, export only stereo
            peterk123W Level 1

helloyou are answering faster than I could check it.;-)

I shure will come back if threre are more questions. wont let go someone who knows..!

I am very surprised about your competence, from which I hope I can make use.surround is not THAT important. the 60P issue was much heavier. my little testvideo looked realy bad in 30P...now that I can export 60P I will try to do some 5.1 videos.

I will read your instructions and try them. I will let you know.not today, today I am checking other issues.

thank you very muchbrgds and have a successful new week

peter

Von: A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

An: Peter Kremeier <peter_kremeier@yahoo.de>

Gesendet: 18:59 Sonntag, 18.Januar 2015

Betreff:  import AC3 5.1, export only stereo

import AC3 5.1, export only stereo

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionPeter Premiere Elements (any version) does not offer 5.1 channel sound in any of its burn to end products - not Dolby Digital 5.1, AAC 5.1, Windows Media Audio 10 Professional 5.1....I am understanding AC3 as representing Dolby Digital which could be stereo (2 channel) or 5.1 channel (6 channels). But, you do have limited opportunities to export to file a file that has 5.1 channel audio. It is not going to be Dolby Digital 5.1. It will beAAC 5.1 or a Windows Media Audio 10 Professional 5.1 channel. The key to using even those limited possibilities is to be working from aproject preset described for use with 5.1 channel audio. And, not all the Adobe project presets come with 5.1 channel included in its description.The answer has been to make your own project preset to include 5.1 before opening your new project using your user created project preset as the project presetin your new project. I have done extensive and innovative work in the matter of Premiere Elements and 5.1 channel. The following is the first in a series of reports of how tos on thismatter.ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Exporting a 1080p50 or 1080p60 file with 5.1 Channel Audio I have other blog posts on this matter in the same location as the above. And, I will posts the other links if you are interested. Please let me know if you havequestions or need clarification on the matter. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7107836#7107836 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7107836#7107836 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: import AC3 5.1, export only stereo
              peterk123W Level 1

thank you

I will try this and than I will send you a feedback as soon as I could check it out.

brgds