3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2015 5:01 PM by Peferling

Premiere pro huge rending times

jcourtial Level 1

Hi,

Just wanted to double check i'm not going crazy here.

I have a Imac 27" late 2013. Processor 3.2GHZ Intel Core i5.

24GB of RAM

Nvidie Geforce GT 755M 1024M

I have enabled  CUDA.

I'm working on some go pro footage at 2.4K.

i have added a warp stabiliser and lens correction to each of the 15 clips that make a whole sequence of 1m15s. I've also added transitions to each.

Average rendering time is 2 hours. For a one minute clip it seems excessive?

All the clip have red bars, and i can't even begin to use the direct link to speedgrade, its so slow its unsuable.

Pretty strange considering it should be a decent machine?

• 1. Re: Premiere pro huge rending times
          Peferling Level 4

No.  Not crazy. Cuda only works for preview during edits.  Cineform is known to be notoriously slow - (I haven't used it since CS3.  I trans-code all the go pro avi/cineform clips to use MXF wrappers at ingest).  Warp stabilizer is not a realtime process/effect, also very slow.

• 2. Re: Premiere pro huge rending times
            jcourtial Level 1

Thank for this. So i follow you, you transcode Go pro files before opening them in Premiere? How does one do that?

It's so slow its almost impossible to work with it.

But its good to know it's not just my sanity in question.

• 3. Re: Premiere pro huge rending times
              Peferling Level 4

Ingest via prelude (or use AME in batch), choosing the trans-code option, and trans-coding to MXF (since I usually combine that with  MXF media shot from Canon xf305), or to a native format that won't require conforming in PPro.  I also record to to DNxHD on a Samurai Blade, via HDSDI or HDMI from rentals and other sources which uses an MXF wrapper.