3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2015 10:04 PM by A.T. Romano

I have elements 9 and just a day ago everything was fine but now all of a sudden any time I try to convert or save my project or even burn it to a DVD the program shuts down on me.

connermac8

I have elements 9 and just a day ago everything was fine but now all of a sudden any time I try to convert or save my project or even burn it to a DVD the program shuts down on me.

• 1. Re: I have elements 9 and just a day ago everything was fine but now all of a sudden any time I try to convert or save my project or even burn it to a DVD the program shuts down on me.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

connermac8

Is the crash/shutdown for this one specific project or does it occur in new projects as well?

On what computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 9 and are you running Premiere Elements as the 9.0.1 Update?

In cases such as these, the first factor to rule in or out are the preferences/setting file. Here you want to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

The directions to its location will vary with the operating system. So the operating system information is important to post. Some of the many factors

that we need to evaluate

a. does the problem exist with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

b. are you using a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse.

c. does your computer need a clean up/clear out - is your computer optimized

Your answers to the questions above will help us to customize and plan appropriate troubleshooting strategy. So, let us start with the above and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I have elements 9 and just a day ago everything was fine but now all of a sudden any time I try to convert or save my project or even burn it to a DVD the program shuts down on me.
            connermac8 Level 1

The crash happens on every project I have tried. I have an HP w2338h with a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6300 2.8GHz 8.00 GB Ram going on Windows 7 operating system 64-bit.

My computer got a full clean out a little over a year ago and has a good cleaner and defraggler that I use weekly. I use Avast Free Anti Virus.

The problem started about 3 weeks ago. I was working on a large project that I divded into two smaller projects on adobe and everything was fine until I was a day away from my deadline. Then this error and program shut down occuried. I could work on the project as much as I wanted but as soon as I was ready to convert it would shut down.

I have both elements 9 and 13 currently on my computer hogging up space but I do not want to lose my converted elements 9 projects with my Elements 13.

• 3. Re: I have elements 9 and just a day ago everything was fine but now all of a sudden any time I try to convert or save my project or even burn it to a DVD the program shuts down on me.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

connermac8

First a caution...if you decide you want to finish the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 project in Premiere Elements 13, then make a copy of the 9.0/9.0.1 project and use the copy to determine if you can open the 9.0/9.0.1 project in 13. Do not use the original since you cannot go back to 9 after you open and edit the project in 13.

If you have a large project with a resource demanding format for the source media, you have to remember that 9.0/9.0.1 is a 32 bit application even if on Windows 7 64 bit (there it runs in the Windows 7 64 bit 32 bit compatibility mode. So, your large project is not going to be able to use your 64 bit resources.

Premiere Elements Windows will be a 64 bit application only when run on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit and then have the computer resource perks.

I would try making a copy of the 9.0/9.0.1 project and then to use that copy in 13 on your Windows 7 64 bit.

More later.

ATR