3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 8:32 AM by A.T. Romano

PE 11 Elements Autoanalyzer

andrew-dd_1937 Level 1

I want to delete a .VOB file that is apparently open in 'ElementsAutoAnalyzer'.

I'm running Win 7 Home Pro and have both Premiere Elements 11 and Photoshop Elements 12 loaded on my PC.

When I look in Elements Organizer in Adobe Program Data I don't see the offending VOB file, but when I search for "elementsautoanalyzer" I get two results - both of which are called ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe however, neither of which does anything when I try to open it.

How do I determine exactly where this VOB file is located so I can delete it?

Thank you,

Untitled-1.jpg

• 1. Re: PE 11 Elements Autoanalyzer
          A.T. Romano Level 7

andrew-dd_1937

Are you saying that you cannot find the VTS_01_3.VOB anywhere on your computer hard drive and/or see a thumbnail for it in Elements Organizer 11 or Elements Organizer 12 which you have on your computer?

In the thumbnail that you show in your screenshot, what does the white text on black background say?

If you right click the computer's task bar and select Start Task Manager and go to the Task Manager/Processes, can you find ElementsAutoAnalzyer.exe. If so, right click the entry, and select End Process. Have you been there and done that?

What happens if you shutdown the computer and then reopen it?

Let us start here and then decide what next if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE 11 Elements Autoanalyzer
            andrew-dd_1937 Level 1

Thank you very much.  I went to the Task Manager, did what you said and was able to delete the file.  As my generation’s parents used to say “you learn something new every day”.  Again, thank you.

Richard

PS – the wording on the photo says “The Rotherham Grammar School Old Boys’ Association” “Proposed by Mike Walker BA”.  The photograph shows the front of ‘our’ school which is in South Yorkshire, England.  I used that image as a title in one of several audio tapes that had been made at the 500th anniversary dinner of the school in 1983 and which I’ve uploaded to our website at www.rgsoba.com

• 3. Re: PE 11 Elements Autoanalyzer
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Richard

Great news. Glad that worked for you.

The good and bad news is that Premiere Elements is a continuing learning experience whether you be a beginner, intermediate, or advanced user. But we are here (user to user) to

share our Premiere Elements information when and if needed in order to keep you moving along in your projects.

Best wishes

ATR