1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2007 1:28 PM by FredPeterson

permissions

iDigDesign Level 1
      I keep getting the following error: The server is unable to create a directory. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to create a directory.

I contacted the ISP and they tell me I have permission to write to the directory. Tried using advanced manual FTP set up to no avail. Everything worked perfectly before we changed the password. Everything works fine in Dreamweaver using same log ins. One thing I noticed is that even when I leave the path blank the log shows an "/" in the path. I am sure we are logging in correctly as evidenced by the log copied below in its entirety:

Date: 2/26/2007
      LocalTime: 11:24
      Host: trj-inc.com
      Port:
      LoginID: trj
      Path: /trj/
      Passive Enabled: false
      ProxyHost: NoneContribute Alternate Rename: no
      Contribute Optimized: yes
      ======================== Test Results ==========================

NOTE: Microsoft FTP Service has been detected. For more information on FTP server compatibility issues, please see
      http://www.macromedia.com/support/contribute/ts/documents/ftp_info.htm
      Login: SUCCESS!
      Changing Directory To: /trj/ SUCCESS!
      Directory Listing Test: SUCCESS!
      Make Directory Test: The server is unable to create a directory. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to create a directory.
      ----------------------- FTP log from the last operation ----------------------
      > CWD /trj
      < 250 CWD command successful.
      > MKD mm_diagnose_4eo5t
      < 550 mm_diagnose_4eo5t: There is not enough space on the disk.
      > CWD /trj/mm_diagnose_4eo5t
      < 550 /trj/mm_diagnose_4eo5t: The system cannot find the file specified.
      > CWD /trj
      < 250 CWD command successful.
      > RNFR mm_diagnose_4eo5t
      < 550 mm_diagnose_4eo5t: The system cannot find the file specified.
      > MDTM mm_diagnose_4eo5t
      < 550 mm_diagnose_4eo5t: The system cannot find the file specified.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        • 1. Re: permissions
          FredPeterson
          I experience this too, with Contribute. It only occurs for me though when the FTP server is pointing to files on a remote share and not local files.

No idea how to fix it and the files are not moving off of the remote share just to accomodate a crappy product. If Dreamweaver works fine, why can't Contribute?