1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 8:17 AM by A.T. Romano

Playback on Windows Media Player?

larkinm98485154

When saving a video for playback on a computer, it gives several options for file type. I need one that will allow playback on Windows Media Player. I see the for playback using Quicktime. Will this also play in WMP or which one do I select for this purpose? Thank you!

• 1. Re: Playback on Windows Media Player?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

larkinm98485154

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Windows 8 and 8.1 64 bit (independent of Premiere Elements) have problems with what will or will not play in its Windows Media Player. Files with MPEG2 compression seem to be a major problem in that regard.

I have been able to open videos with the .mov file extension in Windows Media Player or QuickTime (better results in QuickTime) on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit.  But a rule of thumb might be to try either player for your file, if problems, download and install the VLC player and determine if that works for your overall video playback needs. There is also a Media Classic Player HC that you might want to consider.

VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

Home · MPC-HC

ATR