3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 9:25 AM by bump_and_run

Section Header - Level 1, has filled-in colour, how do I remove it?

JimAthlone

Hello,

Section Header - Level 1, has filled-in or background colour, how do I remove it? I have tried opening the Paragraph Styles menu. I cannot see any option to remove the background colour.

Regards

Jimmy

• 1. Re: Section Header - Level 1, has filled-in colour, how do I remove it?
          John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You may have to post more details and/or a screenshot of the condition to get a definitive answer. Some guesses I might make are:

• The text frame has a fill color. Select it (click it with the Selection tool/black arrow; do not select the text) and set the fill to None.
          • A Paragraph Rule has been applied. If a Paragraph Style has been applied, edit-access the style and check the Paragraph Rules panel. If no Paragraph Style is applied, check the Paragraph Rules settings by first selecting the text, then choosing Paragraph Rules from the Paragraph panel menu.
          • An Underline has been applied. If a Paragraph or Character Style has been applied, edit-access the style and check the Underline Options panel. If no Paragraph or Character Style is applied, check the Underline Options settings by first selecting the text, then choosing Underline Options from the Character panel menu.
          • 2. Re: Section Header - Level 1, has filled-in colour, how do I remove it?
            JimAthlone Level 1

John, thanks for your reply.

I have been sent a document that in all the Level 1, 2, 3, and 4 headings there is a coloured background to the text as in the example below.

Heading Level 1

I have tried your suggestions but none work.

• 3. Re: Section Header - Level 1, has filled-in colour, how do I remove it?
              bump_and_run Level 1

You are sure it's not a paragraph rule?  Be sure to check above and below rule as you have to actually choose each to see if it is applied.  I received a document like this recently that I couldn't figure out.  It ended up being a paragraph rule (above) at 18 pts/20% black which actually created a background fill for the header.