6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 8:47 AM by rptrevor

export question: menus/scene markers to disc?

rptrevor

Premier Elements 13

Windows 7 Professional

Export to Disc (DVD) works fine.

Export to Computer (MPEG): works fine.

What I'd like to do is export the DVD-style format (ideally with movie menus, but more importantly with click-to-next-scene-marker navigation) - to disc.

When I save to MPEG, there is no way to navigate to the scene markers.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: export question: menus/scene markers to disc?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rptrevor

Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG or any of the choices under Computer do not offer a file with menus. There used to be a webDVD (flash file with menus) opportunity in prior version, but that feature is removed from Premiere Elements 13.

Your opportunity for product with menus in only via the burn to under Publish+Share/Disc/____.

If my reply in not clear, please let me know in what way, and I will clarify if needed.

With more details from you, we could comment further....why the MPEG first, would a ISO Image or the VIDEO_TS or BDMV from burn to Folder serve you in any way?

ATR

• 2. Re: export question: menus/scene markers to disc?
            rptrevor Level 1

Thanks. Yes no specific reason for MPEG - just looking for a file format that I could play on a computer (or through a networked TV), that would give me navigation to scene markers (with menus a nice-to-have but not required).

RT

• 3. Re: export question: menus/scene markers to disc?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rptrevor

Thanks for the reply.

If the webDVD is of any interest, that is found in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, 10, 11, and 12.

As mentioned, that is essentially a flash file with menus. You can play that back on the computer from the webDVD Folder that gets saved to the

computer. The only player that I have used for the playback of the webDVD is the web browser Firefox or Internet Explorer.

In the days when photoshop.com existed in Premiere Elements, one could share the webDVD there. The Adobe Revel sharing site which followed photoshop.com

does not support webDVD.

ATR

• 4. Re: export question: menus/scene markers to disc?
                rptrevor Level 1

I have Premiere Elements 7...

I'm just curious though - if PE has dropped support for this type of thing, which seems to me (an unsophisticated family home video type of guy) to be a logical thing to want to do (click through to the scene markers when watching a long movie) - what techniques do people use these days to split longer movies into scenes when exporting to formats other than DVD?

Thanks.

RT

• 5. Re: export question: menus/scene markers to disc?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

RT

I do not know of a program that will add menus to a Timeline that you export to file saved to the computer hard drive.

I have done some online google searching to see what is out there. But, so far I have found

a. programs that will allow you to add navigation tools to a web site

or

b. program that will allow you to add menus to a large text file

On the webDVD side, http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/web-dvd-premiere-pro-encore/

Back in a November 2014, Adobe PRE_help posted in a thread here on the removal of webDVD from 13,

Web DVD or similar in Elements 13

You can try Publish/Share -> Disc -> DVD -> Burn to Folder option and say you save this folder on your desktop. Open the *.ifo file inside VIDEO_TS folder in VLC,Media player and you should be able to see the files and the menus.

ATR

• 6. Re: export question: menus/scene markers to disc?
                    rptrevor Level 1

Thanks ATR - I appreciate your thoughtful responses.

Not to belabor the point, but I thought I'd rephrase the question one more time - the menus are really a secondary issue. What would be really useful is if there was some file format / player combination that recognized the scene markers - e.g. clicking on the ff or rew buttons would take you to the next scene marker or the previous scene marker.

RT