• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing purchased book data with ADE 4.0.2 and Kobo (glo)

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, It's a little complicated. A few days ago I tried to download a book purchased in Rakuten Japan with Kobo desktop. It requires ADE to read.

When I tried to download it in Kobo desktop, a ADE site's dialog appears saying "This eBook has already been downloaded the permitted number of times."

ADE.jpg

So I remember once I've installed Kobo desktop and ADE on sub-PC. Then I tried to download it on the sub-PC but downloading dialog did not closed (though it's progress bar reached to the end) even after long term. Then I gave up. I cancel donwload it and delete the book from library, release the sub PC's registration then uninstall it.

But on main PC's ADE, no books appeared to download.

After, I discover the book's *.acsm" (Adobe Content Server Message) file in my PC and double clicking it, the donwloading dialog appears as same as above. (means no end)

Is there a way to recover this?

The Kobo book shop, Rakuten's customer care gave up only at the second contact then they threw this issue here, saying ADE seems to lock it. The purchased log exists in Rakuten but just I cannot get the book data.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?