0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 10:31 AM by m_vargas

Adobe Flash player and malware pop-ups

michellec57460231

Adobe Please help!!

I am getting pop-ups of 'you don't have the latest flashplayer'

I go to Adobe website and download and now all I am getting this "Media Downloader 12.2" It's slowing my machine down and I am getting a slough of pop-ups!

I removed the installation...and now I have no access to any websites that require flash.

I do I download the proper update installation and this "Media Downloader 12.2 pop-up" from piggy backing on this.

THIS IS A HUGE INCONVENIENCE...PLEASE HELP!!

• 1. Re: Adobe Flash player and malware pop-ups
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hello,

'Media Downloader 12.2' is not a product that is bundled with the Flash Player installer.  It's possible that you clicked on a malicious pop-up and were redirected to some other site.  We are aware of folks doing this and follow-up on issues when we hear about them. Some of these malicious pop-ups and sites go to great lengths to look just like official Adobe notifications and installer dialogs.  What is the website you went to to download the Flash Player? I will forward the site to the appropriate folks to follow-up on. If you're able to reproduce the pop-up dialog window, please take a screenshot and post it here.

In the mean time, you can download Flash Player directly from one of the following locations:

At the bottom of the page, in the 'Still having problems' section there will be links to download the various plugin types based on your browser.

--

Maria