4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 12:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Video Scenes

mdechichio@aol.com

Video Scene.JPG

I just started using Premiere Elements 13 on .MOV files from my camera.  All of a sudden some of my files, even ones I have never edited, are showing in Elements Organizer containing video scenes that can be expanded or collapsed. And they show in Premiere Elements as though I have trimmed these files.   What is a Video Scene and how are they created and removed?  I know I did not purposely create Scenes in any of my files and now I cannot remove them.  I cannot find information on Video Scenes in any of the searches I have done.

The image above is from Elements Organizer and you can see the video icon in the upper right hand corner of the image is split and to the right of he image is an arrow head which allows you to expand the video scene.

Thanks.

Mike

• 1. Re: Video Scenes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

This is an old story that extends to Premiere Elements 13 and other.

What you are seeing is the handy work of the AutoAnalzyer. Unless you want your video split (trimmed) and stacked, then disable the AutoAnalzyer options in the Elements Organizer 13 and use the Run AutoAnalzyer command "on demand" when and if you need it. (See right click of a file in Project Assets and selection of Run AutoAnalzyer when and if wanted).

Click on the Organizer Tab at the bottom of the Premiere Elements 13 Expert or Quick workspace to gain access to the Elements Organizer 13 workspace.

In the Elements Organizer 13 workspace, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Media-Analysis, and disable all the AutoAnalzyer options there.

I would then delete all your video "stacks" and re-import the media into a Premiere Elements 13 Editor project and/or Elements Organizer 13 as needed. This unwanted AutoAnalzyer behavior does not damage the originals on the hard drive, just does its work on the imports.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above. If questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video Scenes
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Just cross referencing duplicate threads. Your full answer/solution from me is in the thread that we are in now.

Your duplicate thread is found at

The specified item was not found.

Please continue the discussion in the thread that we are in now. The duplicate thread will probably be closed or deleted by a moderator once seen by a moderator.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Video Scenes
              mdechichio@aol.com Level 1

Thanks, ATR.  I have followed your suggestions and all the scenes have disappeared upon the re-import.

I appreciate the info.

Mike

• 4. Re: Video Scenes
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the update with the great news.

Periodically check that Elements Organizer preference to make sure that AutoAnalzyer Options do not get turned on accidentally.

But, you know how to deal with that now, so you should be OK.

Best wishes

ATR