1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 3:18 PM by brian.filipiak

Is there a way to set up folders in FormsCentral?

baphenatem

I know that this question has been asked before, and I would submit my support for this feature via the link posted in one of the previous responses...if it worked. Really folks, I need a way to be able to group forms into folders. I have 300 students, spread out across about 25 classes, who all need to submit a monthly evaluation report. Currently we are using old-fashioned paper forms. FormsCentral would be a great way to do this IF I could group the students by class and then have a separate form file for each student.

There have been a number of requests for this feature. Are you folks at Adobe getting any closer to making it a reality?

• 1. Re: Is there a way to set up folders in FormsCentral?
          brian.filipiak Level 2

Is it that you need the forms sorted into folders, or that you are looking for a way to sort the data from the forms?

I have a situation where I have about 700 respondents filling out a form, and I have the option checked for an e-mailed receipt. As the e-mails come in, I have my e-mail application sort the responses appropriately, including forwarding copies to other people.

Another option, if your aim is really the data instead of the forms, is to view and filter the data set as needed. If you had a defining question in the form "Which section of this class are you in?" or "Which response is this form for?" or some such thing, where the response to the question is from a drop-down list (for instance) so the data is always the same, then you could filter the data according to the group you were wanting to view... either directly within the View Responses window or after you have exported the responses to an Excel file. See this documentation for more: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat-com/formscentral/help/sort-filter-data.html

Not to detract from your original request for folders, I have made the same suggestion, but from what you describe, I think maybe you are looking for something other than folders for forms.

I hope that helps,

Brian