10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 12:01 PM by A.T. Romano

insert disk into drive E?

cherylchuba

Whenever I try to use my adobe premiere elements, a pop comes up telling me to insert the disk into drive E but the disk is already in the computer and drive E is nonexistent. I also uninstalled and re installed once. What should I do?

• 1. Re: insert disk into drive E?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cherylchuba

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Right now I am assuming Premiere Elements 13.

Delete or rename the OldFilm.AEX file found in the path

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-Ins

Common

NewBlue

and in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX file which you delete or disable by changing the file name from OldFilm.AEX to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

This is a know problem for Premiere Elements 13, and this Adobe solution has worked for essentially all.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: insert disk into drive E?
            cherylchuba Level 1

There's only oldfilm there is no .AEX at the end... Is that the one I want,

and if so how do I rename it?

• 3. Re: insert disk into drive E?
              cherylchuba Level 1

Okay I deleted the file and it seems to be working fine now thank you!

• 4. Re: insert disk into drive E?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

cherylchuba

Thanks for the great news of your success with getting rid of that No Disc error, presumed in Premiere Elements 13 Windows.

If you did not see a file extension for the OldFilm file, that suggests that you are working with "Hide extensions for known file types" disabled in Folder Options/View Tab/.

If you need help finding that option, please let me know your computer operating system, and I will post directions to it. If you do not want to see file extensions, then just leave

everything as is. You found and deleted OldFilm.AEX. Great job.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 5. Re: insert disk into drive E?
                  HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I see something similar on my WIN7 PC.

If I have used my DVD drive at any time prior to starting Premier Elements when I open an existing project I get a pop-up requesting that I put a disc into the drive.

Usage of the DVD driver was totally independent of Premier Elements (I was copying photos from CD to disk).

A reboot of the system appears to solve the issue - until the next time.

• 6. Re: insert disk into drive E?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

What version of Premiere Elements are you using on your Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit computer)?

These No Disc errors seems to have different solutions depending on the version.

For Premiere Elements 13, the majority go with deletion OldFilm.AEX  to gain success in removing the No Disc error.

In Premiere Elements 11, that type of error message was typically related to the SmartSound feature that was in that version.

And, then there were an assortment of other solutions for other versions.

I do not know if the verdict is in yet on whether No Disc error is the only thing that triggers that No Disc error message in version 13. Right

now it seems to be.

ATR

• 7. Re: insert disk into drive E?
                      HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Its reproducible.  IM running Premier Elements 13 on a WIN 7 (64 bit) PC.

If you start PE, select the Video Editor, then Existing Project & a project from the list it starts OK.  Exit Premier Elements.

Insert a CD into the DVD drive (this is E:) and dont do anything with it except eject, the next time

you repeat the Video Editor / Existing project / project from list it "hangs" with a popup asking for a disc to be inserted into Drive E:

(this is obviously what happened when I tried to add a language a few weeks ago - I hadn't wrecked the instrallation, just used the DVD drive which suffices!

The popup has "Font Capture: Adobe Premier Elements.exec Kein Datenträger" at the very top (the WIN7 OS is installed with German UI).

It cannot be anything to do with deleting OldFilm.AEX since after a reboot everything works - until the DVD drive is used.

• 8. Re: insert disk into drive E?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Thanks for the reply. Good information to have since the majority of the Premiere Elements 13 No Disc errors are being resolved with deletion of that OldFilm.AEX.

Your findings would support the continuing look for more than one cause of No Disk error in version 13.

From recent report from Adobe PRE_help in this forum, Adobe is gathering data on the specificity of the No Disc error in version 13. I have no insider information on

Adobe's findings in this regard. So, I will have wait and watch for the Adobe final answer.

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: insert disk into drive E?
                          HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Will my observations somehow be passed onto Adobe or do we hope they notice it by chance?

• 10. Re: insert disk into drive E?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

I have no affiliation with Adobe or insider information on Adobe operations. If you do nothing beyond this thread, it is probably going to be the hope that Adobe will notice your comments

by chance. The frequency of appearance of Adobe PRE_help or Adobe Staff in this forum is undefined.

Some encouraging filing one of those Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Forms to make your voice heard by Adobe. My impression is that you will not get an

immediate individual reply to your filing. Interestingly within the past few weeks when I go to try to access the online site for that form, I get a not available message.

ATR