4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 1:00 PM by A.T. Romano

Archiving project in PE13

daniell4992635

Hey there Adobe Community,

I just have this one little question (and maybe I got something wrong):

I'm working an a little movie clip (about 2 minutes) while - you all know this I guess - cutting down about 20GB of movie files. Now I want to give this project to a friend for coloring. He uses Premiere Pro.

I thought, well, that's easy: I just send him the archived version of my project. Not the copied one, the archived (and trimmed down) one.

Anyway, after archiving I checked my new folder size: 25GB. Wow!

I tried copying the session. Folder size: 25GB.

Mhhm, what did I do wrong? Does anybody know? In the folder of my archived project I still find video files of 30 minutes lenght. But in my understanding, every used video clip should be trimmed down to it's lenght in the cut window plus the extra 30 frames added before point in and after point out.

Do I get something wrong here?

I really appreciate every answer!

Thanks a lot!

All the best from Germany,

Daniel

• 1. Re: Archiving project in PE13
          daniell4992635 Level 1

Hey everybody,

I just quickly checked my project archive again. Actually every movie clip still got it's original lenght, no short clips (as I used them in the project) added! I don't really get my mistake here...

Any idea?

Thanks!

All the best,

Daniel

• 2. Re: Archiving project in PE13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

How and what format video?

cutting down about 20GB of movie files.

New Trimmed Project in Premiere Elements is a topic for which I have done extensive work.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Creating A New Trimmed Project?

Are you starting with video trims trimmed in the Preview Windows with its Set In and Set Out points, and then those trims dragged to the Timeline to constitute

Timeline content that is subjected to Project Archiver/Archive Project option? To make sure we are in sync on this matter, please view the concept of "New Trimmed Project" which exists in Premiere Elements as well as Premiere Pro. See above link details.

The "New Trimmed Project" has not worked in Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, 10, 11, and 12. But it does in 13.

Please review and consider and then we can discuss this further.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Archiving project in PE13
              daniell4992635 Level 1

Hey ATR,

thanks for your reply! And, wow, this seems an even bigger issue than I thought! Sorry, that I didn't find your blog while searching the internet. I just read through it and I'll try to give my best to explain my situation better. Just not so easy in a foreign language...

(Actually I installed Premiere Pro tryout version to open the session there and get better export options. But on a mac, this is not possible. Importing Premiere Elements files in P Pro only works on windows computers. Well, of course...)

So, I'm working on a mac. The video files are coming from action cams. All MP4 files (instead of 3 little already cut down movie clips), 1920x1080, 59.94 frames per second.

I only worked in "expert view" and so I trimmed the clips only in the timeline window.

I tried my best to understand your blog completely, but I guess I missed some specific details. But I still hope this is enough information for a further discussion!?

With kind regards,

Daniel

• 4. Re: Archiving project in PE13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

Thanks for the reply and looking at my findings on New Trimmed Project in Premiere Elements using its Project Archiver/Archive Project option.

It is a difficult concept to get a hold of. You may be running against a file format that is not supported by the process. To verify that it is working

as it should, try creating a project with trimmed clips from DV AVI and then archiving that project with Project Archiver/Archiver option (Trimmed).

See if you get the results that I described in the blog post. Then using that information as the baseline, next create a project with your own source

files and compare the results with those from the DV AVI mini test run.

We will be watching for your results.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification after you have re-read the blog on this.

Best wishes

ATR