6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 3:51 PM by R Neil Haugen

Annoyed!!

Etienne Smit Level 1

Questions don't seem to get any answers here, at most some sarcastic remark about you asking the question wrong. I was not planning on writing a thesis on Adobe products, just want a simple answer so I can get on with my life. The other help options don't really help much either. Rather disappointing considering the amount for a cc subscription for something you will never own.

• 1. Re: Annoyed!!
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Etienne,

Sorry about that. What was your question? I can try to help.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: Annoyed!!
            shooternz Level 6

was this your question?

Send to Speed Grade missing from menu

• 3. Re: Annoyed!!
              Etienne Smit Level 1

Hi Kevin

Thank You, Yes it was. As I said I have CC2014 and I am working on a Macbook Pro, the top of the range as far as I know. MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2,5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

OS X Yosemite

Would appreciate your help. BTW, I work in Iraq with very bad tele coms, thus calling is not an option and live chat does not seem available.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Annoyed!!
                R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have recently posted an answer to an identical question as to your original one, and note, if you get that grayed-out link, it's because PrPro does not see the identical build of Sg it's looking for. "CC" or even "CC2014" aren't close enough, it must be the exact appropriate build number, and the CC desktop app can at times be off in what it thinks is "current".

Open your PrPro, check the build number ... go to Help->About PrPro, look at the bottom of the box.

(Current PrPro build is 8.2.0(65))

Now ... open Speedgrade "native" by opening it directly (NOT through DL from PrPro) and select make new project ... does it open when you give some whatever data to make it open a project?

Next ... check build: click the Wrench icon, top tab is "About" ... scroll down (using the barely visible bar on the far right of that dialog box) to the bottom ...

(Current Sg build is 8.2x51)

If you can follow this, we know that 1) SpeedGrade is loaded and workable on your machine and 2) which builds you have of both.

Neil

• 5. Re: Annoyed!!
                  shooternz Level 6

What response in this user to user forum out of no responses annoyed you so much?

Hopefully Neils response gets you a solution. (and you thank him) 

• 6. Re: Annoyed!!
                    R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Etienne ...

Unless you see "staffer" appended to someone's name info (like with Kevin) ... everyone else on here is a fellow user, trying to help each other as we have time. These are provided as user-to-user forums with (depending on the usage of the forum) some staffer monitoring. Many times people new to these apps have been offended at having questions asked about their operating system, programs, footage, timelines, all sorts of things that may not seem like they're necessary but actually can be totally needed to help let alone give a specific answer as quickly as possible.

Kevin is an awesome Adobe staffer who's got years of pro editing work behind him ... heck of a resume. shooternz is a very experienced editor with good experience also in fx with Ae and some grading also ... his answers will be short but typically accurate and packed. I'm much more of a noob, and realistically more experienced in SpeedGrade than PrPro. Though not a Heavy User there, but ... I am the person answering a lot of questions on that forum as there's not so much traffic there as here. Ann Bens, Jim Simon, Jeff Pulera ... and many more ... are incredibly helpful but none of us are paid to help. So ... busy pros taking time to do this tend to like to have info provided first, and also ... wish when they give explicit things to try, that people simply do X as asked. I don't know how many times people have insisted for 10, 15, or 20 posts that it couldn't be what they've been told to check (because it made no sense to them). Only to have them finally test that stupid option ... which ... worked. Two weeks after the initial post with the answer provided same-day.

So although there are a couple "snarky" people here (one of whom seems to be loose again ... ) ... most of the time short answers and questions and comments are coming from busy people trying to help who DON'T use the amount of explanatory wordage I do.

Neil