Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Context Sensitive Help

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I am presently building an online Help Guide in RoboHelp 6 for ASP software. The Help Guide will reside on the application's server and link to the application, which is accessed through a Web browser.

My first look at the context sensitive help instruction in RoboHelp seems to indicate that it requires a programmatic language, not html. According to the documentation the support is only for applications coded in pascal, c/c++, java and Visual basic. Our ASP application is coded in Perl and as such won’t be able to use this feature, unless in fact it is possible to code it to the HTML in the interface. I can't figure out from RoboHelp's documentation if this is possible.

If someone could tell me whether I can utilize context sensitive help coded to the HTML, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter -

Welcome to the forum.

Since you are building web-based help, Webhelp is the output of choice here. Conveniently, I have the gist of the previous posts on the subject still on my clipboard/memory... so, I'll just paste it again. You can call the specific help pages either with:

the hashmark method: e.g.:

http://www.domainname.com/helpfolder/projectname.htm#specific_topic.htm

or, if you use the Map ID's, found in RH's context-sensitive API, perhaps this article will help:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=5177075f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2007 Feb 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just to add to Roger's reply, there is more information about those methods on my website.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp