I have been working on a project in PP CC (all latest updates installed) for the past week. I have had no problems regardless of the increase in size of the project over time. Yesterday I began adding a few titles. After I added the titles the application slowed down considerably. It pushed one of the CPU cores to near 100% and never came down. I restarted the application twice and the same thing happened. It was always fine until I began working with titles. Today, I had been working for about 3 hours and the same thing happened though I had done nothing with titling.
Duplicate the project and remove the titles, see what happens.
Thanks, Ann. I did try that as well as loading up a different project without titles and they both worked fine. I did discover more about the problem this morning. It only seems to happen when I have the play head over a piece of crawling text on the timeline. After a period of time at least one CPU core hits 100%, sometimes two, and everything slows down. If I move the play head off to a position on the timeline without the text, the problem goes away after a few seconds. I am able to repeat this though the amount of time it takes to occur varies from a few minutes to half an hour. So, it seems that the work-around for the problem is to not leave the play head sitting over an instance of crawling text for any length of time.