4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 9:23 AM by D0NNN

Why missing media file message after importing MTS files into PrE13trial?

D0NNN

Hello.   After installing PrE13 trial today, i attempted to import 12 MTS files into the Elements Organizer from their STREAM folder stored on an external 2TB eSATA HDD. That resulted in displaying 12 question marks each with "Missing file" where i expected to see 12 clips. I locate a "missing" file on the external O:\...\STREAM, but the PE link search window's Original Location for the MTS file is stated to be on C:\...\STREAM which i assume PE13 created. Clicking the Reconnect button pops an error message "The file already exists. C:\...MTS was not connected to O:\...MTS" and then "Cannot continue with your action. It requires at least one connected file." Why is this happening and what is the solution?   My setup is HP Pavilion HPE h8-1090t, Win7Pro64, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX580 1.5GB.   About 2 years ago I replaced the C: drive with a 500GB SSD. There is a 2nd internal 1TB HDD. The original C:drive is now the external eSATA-connected O: drive on which are stored video clips and projects. Lastly is a 2nd external eSATA 1TB HDD for storing photos, music and for exporting.  PrE13's Elements Organizer's Folder View shows: Computer>C:>ProgramData>Adobe>EO>13.0>Music and Computer>C:>VIDEO>...>STREAM. Is that as it should be?   Thanx.

• 1. Re: Why missing media file message after importing MTS files into PrE13trial?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

DoNNN

I have been trying to sort through your details.

From your description, I am seeing your

Elements Organizer 13 My Folders/View Tree as

Computer

C:     500 GB SSD

___  1 TB HDD

O:   2TB eSATA HDD

What is the drive letter of the 1 TB HDD?

To which drive have you installed Premiere Elements 13 program?

I am reading the above as all being internal drives and with these .mts files on the O drive HDD which used to be the C drive HDD.

Are you confirming in Computer/Manage/Disc Management the drive letters and the drive situation in general?

In all this, where do you have your scratch disks directed (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.)

I have Premiere Elements 13 installed to the default Local Disk C location. When I open Elements Organizer 13 to My Folder,

this is what I see

Drives.JPG

On this particular Windows computer I have E and G as external hard drives besides the Local Disk C.

Rest of the drives are for removable storage.

If you did not install the program to the Local Disk C, you might want to do that and observe the outcome.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why missing media file message after importing MTS files into PrE13trial?
            D0NNN Level 1

Hello ATR, Here is what my tree looks like:

• 3. Re: Why missing media file message after importing MTS files into PrE13trial?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

DoNNN

Thanks for the reply.

Did you intend to post a screenshot to show what your situation is related to the screenshot that I posted in post 1 of this thread? If so, for some reason, it did not get posted.

Please try again when you get the chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Why missing media file message after importing MTS files into PrE13trial?
                D0NNN Level 1

PrEl13TrialDocTree.jpg

Hello ATR!  This is what my tree looks like with both eSATA HDDs powered up.  It looks different from yours and I don’t know if that is a concern. Please let me know.

C: is where PrE13Trial is located. When I boot PrE13 without powering on the externals, the tree shows it on C:.

M: is where the photos and music clips are ordinarily stored. From this 1TB drive I imported into Organizer a photo.pdf, an audio clip and a stray prproj.

O: 2TB stores the movie clips and projects ordinarily. I imported 12 mts 1080p60 movie clips into Organizer.

After our initial communication, the next day, I booted the ‘puter and PrE13Trial. The video is now visible, but no audio on playback. I imported the 12 from Organizer into Editor and audio plays normally there. Can no sound in Organizer’s playback be a concern?

Scratch disks point to Same as Project in C:\...\PremiereElements\13\. I’ll make a new folder for PrE13 projects and change the path to O:\...\PremiereElementsProjects. Or do you have some scratch disks advice here?

Thanks for your help, Don.