What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on?
Are you opening a new project, and existing saved closed project, or just trying to get the program to the Welcome Screen?
What video card/graphics card does your computer use? NVIDIA GeForce?
Is this a "it worked before but now problem" or "it never worked before" type problem?
Does problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?
Are you using a pen and table device instead of a mouse?
Depending on your details...
1. We might try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or ,if Windows, the whole folder in which it exists
and then, if necessary,
Assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit
1. Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way.
2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and reinstalls.
3. Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.
We will be watching for further details that will enable us to fine to the reply to your specific program and computer environment.
1. My computer is using Windows 7 Home Premium.
2. I'm just trying to start up the program to the welcome screen.
3. My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT 630m 2GB.
4. This is a "worked before but doesn't anymore" problem.
5. The problem does exist when Anti-Virus and firewalls are disabled.
6. I'm using a mouse.
Thanks for the reply. We may have our answer in your Premiere Elements 10 running on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce card. There is a known issue relating
to Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce with the solution being roll back of the driver version to about May 2013. But, I have not seen it reported before in association
with the particular error message
But because of the history on this matter in
the Announcement at the top of this forum
we do need to rule this factor in or out.
Go to the following site for older version NVIDIA GeForce and plug in your information to download and install the May 2013 driver version
It is the Driver GeForce 320.18 Driver........320.18.......May 23, 2013 that you want.
Are you working with SD or HD projects?
Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome. The references cited with give you a
comprehensive view of the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA situation.