1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 5:41 PM by John T Smith

Adobe Premiere Pro unable to find suitable video driver

loganschnur

What is up Adobe community... little background before I state the real problem.

I have been using a 13 inch retina Macbook Pro for video editing on FCP for about the last year or so, but the software has started to annoy me with it constantly crashing and lack of total creative control and integration. I have collaborated with other people that use Premiere, AE, and other integrated products for editing. They highly recommend Premiere, but I, being a conscious consumer, decided to take advantage of the free 30 day trial for Premiere before I subscribed.

However, I was dismayed when I read the message, "Adobe Premiere Pro is unable to find suitable video drivers. Please update video drivers and reload Premiere."

I contacted Apple on how to update video drivers unsuccessfully, uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and now have stumbled around a horribly laid out "Customer Support" page to repeatedly stumble across the forums. I really do not want to go back to FCP if I don't have to.

Any help on how to fix this problem is appreciated.