3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 12:54 PM by Liz, Typekit Support

Typekit fonts not available in Lightroom (and only in Lightroom)

jlarroulet

Hi,

I have been a Creative Cloud member (full membership) for quite a while now and just this week I noticed that Typekit fonts I've synced to my computer are available on all the CC apps I use, except for Lightroom.

The fonts are evidently synced correctly (since I can, for instance, use them within Photoshop CC). However, whenever I try to create a new watermark within Lightroom, my Typekit fonts are nowhere to be found.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, latest Creative Cloud desktop app and all my CC software is up to date. I have searched and roamed the web for hours and have not found a single way to solve this issue.

I have already tried to sign out and back in, restart all apps, restart CC desktop, reboot windows, all while being permanently connected to the internet.

Any thoughts on what I may be missing?

Best regards

Javier

• 1. Re: Typekit fonts not available in Lightroom (and only in Lightroom)
          Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi Javier,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this. I've tried this in Lightroom on Windows 7 as well, and confirmed that the fonts I have synced are not listed in the watermark menu.  I will ask the Lightroom team to look into this further. 

The fonts from Typekit are available in the watermark menu in Lightroom on OS X, if you happen to have a computer running that operating system.  That's the only workaround that I can recommend at this time to use fonts from Typekit in creating your watermarks.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but please let me know if you have any other questions (here or at support@typekit.com).  Best,

-- liz

• 2. Re: Typekit fonts not available in Lightroom (and only in Lightroom)
            jlarroulet Level 1

Thanks Liz,

Sadly, however, using OS X is not a viable alternative for me as I don't own any Mac devices.

Is this a bug? Is this something I can work-around somehow? This is really important to me right now, so I thank you for fowarding it to the Lightroom team. I know this is probably low-priority, but I would really like someone from the LR team to get in touch to let me know if there's something I can do (or maybe, if there's any information I can pass back to them to help pinpoint and squash the bug)

I'm emailing sync logs to Typekit's support email as I type. Maybe something can be made out of them

Best

Javier

• 3. Re: Typekit fonts not available in Lightroom (and only in Lightroom)
              Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi Javier,

Thanks you for sending an email to Typekit Support!  I have forwarded it to our lead Product Manager, and asked him to look into it the bug report with the Lightroom team.  We'll update you again over email once we know more about the bug.

There isn't another workaround to use the fonts from Typekit in your watermark, unfortunately.  If there are one of two fonts you really would like to use, you do have the option of purchasing the desktop license from the foundry and installing the font on your computer.  Once it is installed, it will be added to all the type menus in Lightroom.

If you'd like to look into that, here are the foundry websites for the two fonts you have synced from Typekit:

Felt Tip Roman - Felt Tip Roman – Mark Simonson

FF Market - FF Market fonts from the FontFont Library

And again, we will follow up in your support email with more information as well.  Best,

-- liz