2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 11:34 PM by Skillforthree

Changing background and props

Skillforthree

I want to make a talk show for a presentasion and i tought that i might be able to change the background and the chairs in Adobe Premier. I don't know if this is possible but if it is can somene teach me alittle bit about how to do it, and if there are any more ways to do it i would be happy to know.

Thanks for answers

• 1. Re: Changing background and props
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Sounds like you would want to shoot with a greenscreen background, which then makes it simple to change backgrounds by keying out the green areas, called Chroma Keying. Be aware that it takes some work with lighting to get the ideal image, otherwise you can run into all kinds of issues. Do a web search on how to light for chroma key or green screen and there are many great tutorials online. Educate yourself on how that works.

Note that you do not need to buy expensive lights - hardware store lights can work just fine. It's really in the positioning and other factors (proper green color background with no wrinkles, etc.). It takes work and experimentation, don't expect excellent results on the first try.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

• 2. Re: Changing background and props
            Skillforthree Level 1

Yeah I have tought about using  a green screen, but i don't have acces to one. Is it possible to use a grey background instead of a green one?