7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 10:03 AM by rudis40586454

Premier Elements 13 Organiser

rudis40586454

I have just purchased the Windows version of the software and want to use the Slideshow feature in Organiser.

I can create shows using the set options but cant find out how to edit to customise the appearance.

The toolbar in Slideshow does not seem to be activated. I would be grateful for any help.

Regards

Rudi

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 13 Organiser
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rudi

Although an Elements Organizer Slideshow is now available to both Mac and Windows users, it is important to focus on the fact that it is not the Slideshow Editor or prior versions.

The opportunities for edits are in the Slideshow Builder and they are limited by comparison to what used to be. The good and not so good news is that your can export 720p and 1080p slideshows (AVCHD.mp4) from this Elements Organizer, but these are in a predetermined theme (choice of 5). There is no Edit with Premiere Elements Editor output from the Slideshow Builder. You could export the 720p and 1080p slideshows and then important them from their computer hard drive location into a Premiere Elements project.

1. Select images in Elements Organizer that you want in the Slideshow. Then Create Menu/Slideshow

2. Slideshow - Choose a theme. Choose the theme and click next brings up a preview of the Slideshow with images in the theme format.

During that preview, you have the options of Edit, Save, Export, or Exit. If you want to Edit the slideshow, select Edit to open the Slideshow Builder.

The options at the bottom of the Slideshow Builder workspace are your edit opportunities.

Slideshow-Builder.jpg

Are the Slideshow Editing Opportunities pointed to in the screenshot the ones that are not active in your Slideshow Builder?

For background information on this Elements Organizer 13 Slideshow feature, please refer to

http://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/create-slide-shows.html

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 13 Organiser
            rudis40586454 Level 1

Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to give a comprehensive answer.

I really thought I had missed something. It seems a great shame

that the editing capability has been removed. I may source an earlier

version of Organiser.

Thanks again

Rudi

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 13 Organiser
              rudis40586454 Level 1

Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to give a comprehensive answer.

I really thought I had missed something. It seems a great shame

that the editing capability has been removed. I may source an earlier

version of Organiser.

Thanks again

Rudi

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 13 Organiser
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Rudi

Thanks for the reply.

Although the Elements Organizer 13 offers a 720p and 1080p (AVCHD.mp4) slideshow and is now available to Mac as well as Windows users, it does not offer the slideshow opportunities of Elements Organizers earlier than 13.

Consequently, I would suggest that you explore the Premiere Elements 13 Editor as the place to do your slideshow creation and export rather than in the Elements Organizer 13 Create/slideshow.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 13 Organiser
                  rudis40586454 Level 1

Hi

I realised I had a copy of Photoshop Elements 7 which also contains an earlier

version of Organiser which has the ability to edit Slideshow so problem solved.

Again thanks for your help.

Regards

Rudi

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 13 Organiser
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Rudi

Just some just in case notes...

If you use the Elements Organizer 7 that comes with Photoshop Elements 7 to create your slideshows

1. You will not be able to use the Output option Send to Premiere Elements if all you have is Premiere Elements 13.

You will be able to use this option if you have Premiere Elements 7.

2. You can output the Elements Organizer 7 Slideshow to a wmv file using Output option Save As A File - Movie File (wmv)

and then import that wmv saved to the computer hard drive to Premiere Elements 13 using Premiere Elements 13's Add Media/Files and Folders.

3. Ordinarily in this type of situation where you want to use a slideshow created in an earlier version in a later one, you can convert the earlier version

Elements Organizer catalog in the later version Elements Organizer and then be able to work on the old slideshow there. But here is the catch

when the new Elements Organizer 13 is involved - it converts your old slideshow format into the newer one.

If any questions on the above, please let me know. Your follow ups were appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: Premier Elements 13 Organiser
                      rudis40586454 Level 1

Hi again.

Thanks for your response and information.

As Premier Elements is new to me I will get on with some learning

using the pre-set options and experiment once I get more familiar

with the software.

Once again thanks.

Regards

Rudi