• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling the TOC on an iPad

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still impossible to scroll the TOC on an iPad in CP8 due to iFrame issues in Safari?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No It's not impossible.

I don't know what the IFrame issues were, but I took a look at the current javascript code in CPM.js this evening. It appears as though the captivate developers thought users would scroll the TOC using multiple fingers. If you scroll with a few fingers there's a decent chance it will work without a slide getting unintentionally launched.

Do you demand a better user experience than a multi-finger scrolling requirement can offer? Well I think there might be a relatively simple fix for that.

When the user touches a TOC element a function is associated with the start and end of that touch. Why not add in a function for scrolling too? There's probably a simpler way, but this is what I did and on a quick test it seems to work with ipad.

I added the part in bold:

if (cp.device == cp.IDEVICE || cp.device == cp.ANDROID) a.ontouchstart = this.checkIfMultitouch, a.ontouchmove = this.recordMove, a.ontouchend = this.navigate;

You then need to define the function between the other two functions. All it will do it set a variable if there was scrolling. Then you need to add a check in the existing 'navigate' function to check if the variable is true before sending the command to navigate to a new slide, as well as switching the variable back to false now that scrolling is done. Parts in bold are the additions:

recordMove: function(b) {

cp.toc.moved = 1;

},

navigate: function(b) {

if (!0 != cp.toc.multitouched && !0 != cp.toc.moved)

if (b.changedTouches && b.changedTouches[0].pageX - cp.toc.startPosition >

b.target.clientHeight) cp.toc.startPosition = b.target.clientHeight;

else {

if (this.parentObj.hasChild)

if (cp.toc.isSearchMode) {

if (!cp.toc.movieProperties.tocProperties.enableNavigation) return;

for (var a, b = this.parentObj.index + 1; b < this.parentObj.contentDiv.tocEntries.length && !(this.parentObj.contentDiv.tocEntries.level <= this.level); ++b)

if (void 0 != this.parentObj.contentDiv.tocEntries.link) {

a = this.parentObj.contentDiv.tocEntries.link;

break

}

a && (cp.toc.movieProperties.tocProperties.navigateVisited &&

this.parentObj.entryContainer.visited || !cp.toc.movieProperties.tocProperties.navigateVisited) && cp.jumpToSlide(a)

} else this.parentObj.entryContainer.expanded = !this.parentObj.entryContainer.expanded, this.parentObj.showHideChildren(this.parentObj.entryContainer.expanded, !0), this.parentObj.contentDiv.parentObj.updateTOCEntries();

else if (this.parentObj.link && cp.toc.movieProperties.tocProperties.enableNavigation && (cp.toc.movieProperties.tocProperties.navigateVisited && this.parentObj.entryContainer.visited || !cp.toc.movieProperties.tocProperties.navigateVisited)) cpLockTOC || cp.jumpToSlide(this.parentObj.link);

cp.responsive && 480 >= window.innerWidth && cp.toc.tocAnimator.hideTOC()

}

cp.toc.moved = 0;

},

Anyone know what the best practice is for having customization to CPM.js automatically included in all the projects I publish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think trying to automate changes to CPM.js is a risky proposal as it is regenerated at each output.

Better to add custom changes to the HTML template file in the program folder so it is always there in the output.

For example, C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 8 x64\HTML/index.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources