5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2007 1:24 PM by P-C-Surgeonz

Combined logo and navigation bar

P-C-Surgeonz
      Is it considered to be poor layout to combine the company logo and navigation bar in the same image? I have created this image in Fireworks 8 as a jpeg to keep the gradients looking good for both the logo and navbar, but am not sure if it makes the page load any slower by having them in the same image? I do have rollover buttons on the navbar so I do have to export it as ‘HTML and images’ w/slices. I do find it easier to setup in Dreamweaver if they are together but could separate them with some extra work. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Combined logo and navigation bar
          Level 7
          The bottom line is - how big are your images. If adding the logo does
          not increase the file size significantly then all is well.

alex

P-C-Surgeonz wrote:
          > Is it considered to be poor layout to combine the company logo and navigation
          > bar in the same image? I have created this image in Fireworks 8 as a jpeg to
          > keep the gradients looking good for both the logo and navbar, but am not sure
          > if it makes the page load any slower by having them in the same image? I do
          > have rollover buttons on the navbar so I do have to export it as ?HTML and
          > images? w/slices. I do find it easier to setup in Dreamweaver if they are
          > together but could separate them with some extra work. Any suggestions? Thanks
          > for your help.
          >
          • 2. Re: Combined logo and navigation bar
            Level 7
            Navigation in an image? What - are you using hotspots?

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
            ==================

"Alex Mariño" <aSlexPmAar@mMt.net> wrote in message
            news:erv068$hon$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > The bottom line is - how big are your images. If adding the logo does not
            > increase the file size significantly then all is well.
            >
            > alex
            >
            > P-C-Surgeonz wrote:
            >> Is it considered to be poor layout to combine the company logo and
            >> navigation bar in the same image? I have created this image in Fireworks
            >> 8 as a jpeg to keep the gradients looking good for both the logo and
            >> navbar, but am not sure if it makes the page load any slower by having
            >> them in the same image? I do have rollover buttons on the navbar so I do
            >> have to export it as ?HTML and images? w/slices. I do find it easier to
            >> setup in Dreamweaver if they are together but could separate them with
            >> some extra work. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

• 3. Combined logo and navigation bar
              P-C-Surgeonz Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
              Navigation in an image? What - are you using hotspots?

No, I am using a Navigation bar with Button symbol instances under my logo. Not a good idea? One other thing. If I already have a premade navigation bar, (horz or verticle), can the Project Seven Pop Menu Magic I hear so much about in this forum be applied to my existing nav bars?
              • 4. Re: Combined logo and navigation bar
                Level 7
                Do you have a link we can look at ?

P-C-Surgeonz wrote:
                >
                quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                > Navigation in an image? What - are you using hotspots?
                >
                > No, I am using a Navigation bar with Button symbol instances under my logo.
                > Not a good idea?
                >
                >
                • 5. Re: Combined logo and navigation bar
                  P-C-Surgeonz Level 1
                  Sorry, I have not uploaded anything yet