5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 5:27 AM by Steve Grisetti

Why won't my video upload to Youtube?

kaitlinc678

I'm using the Publish and Share menu. I've definitely authorized the connection between Adobe Premier Elements and Youtube, I go through the upload process and simply get an error message at the end of the process that says try again later... I've now tried 5 times over two days.

Premier elements upload error.JPG

• 1. Re: Why won't my video upload to Youtube?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

How long is your video? There is a 10 minute cap, I believe on videos loaded from Premiere Elements to YouTube.

Have you tried using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset to output the movie as an MP4 and then manually uploading this MP4 to YouTube?

• 2. Re: Why won't my video upload to Youtube?
            kaitlinc678 Level 1

My video is just under 3 minutes long. I will try the other option you provided, Thank YOU!

Kaitlin

• 3. Re: Why won't my video upload to Youtube?
              kaitlinc678 Level 1

Steve,

I really appreciate your time and insight. I went through the save process as you specified above but there are a ton of MP4 options to choose from. Do you know which MP4 format will be best for YouTube? I also see there is a Youtube output option but I stuck with the MP4 option from the list...

Thank YOU,

Kaitlin

• 4. Re: Why won't my video upload to Youtube?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

kaitlinc678

I sent you the following yesterday, but it did not get posted here because of Internet problems I was having with my home computer. My contribution is aiming at when you want to try to get the Premiere Elements 11 built in YouTube feature working.

kaittinc

Are you having intermittent problems with your Internet connection? I am with mine, and that gives a similar message in that type of condition.

However, you do mention that this has been going on for about 2 days. If all works when you use the suggested Premiere Elements 11 Timeline content export to

file saved to computer hard drive and then uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site, then consider the following

1. Turn off your computer router for about 45 seconds and then turn it back on.

also

2. Go to your computer browser's Options/Advanced/Network and clear the Cache Web Content.

For future information, Premiere Elements 11's YouTube feature limit is 2 GB file size/15 minutes duration. If you exceed that limit, then you would

need to do the save to file/upload at YouTube route using a YouTube extended time account. The YouTube extended account does not work with

the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature.

I just did an upload to YouTube using the Premiere Elements 11 YouTube feature and it completed successfully. So, I do not believe that a

generalized problem with Premiere Elements 11 and YouTube is factoring into this.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

Today Add On...Did you refresh the Online Services under Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing

• 5. Re: Why won't my video upload to Youtube?
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I said, Kaitlin, you want to use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD and then use the YouTube HD preset (the one at the bottom of the list). This will produce an MP4 that will give you excellent results when you upload it to YouTube.