2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 1:22 PM by cascadepixels

Lightroom Import Broken

cascadepixels

Lightroom 5.7.1 on Windows 8.1 on an Intel NUC.

I have used Lightroom for at least 3 years and never had any issues. All of a sudden I cannot Import any images.

1. Start LR,

2. Click Import, wait, and wait, and after exactly 1 minute the Import dialog is displayed with a spinning wait cursor.

That's as far as it gets. I can't import, none of the controls is responsive and I cannot even close the import dialog. When I kill Lightroom using Task Manager it leaves the catalog locked and I need to restart the machine.

Other things that might be relevant:

1. If I unplug the Logitech Unifying Receiver USB device it kind of recovers and I can sort of use it, but it's very sluggish. Obviously I cannot use it without a keyboard and mouse so leaving it unplugged is not a solution.

2. The only other usb device is a tv tuner, but unlugging that makes no difference, and it used to work with the tv plugged in anyway.

3. On starting LR, if I try to do anything while the crystal splash screen is displayed, I SOMETIMES get a message saying 'waiting for server to respond' or similar. If I click Retry then it starts normally. The splash is displayed for about 30 seconds, which seems longer than I remember it being.

This is really problematic for me and I would appreciate any help. I am getting by using Capture One, but LR is still my preferred image library, if it can be made to work again.