1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 11:22 AM by A.T. Romano

Cannot locate catalog

wesseli

For no reason Elements started giving an error message saying it could not locate my catalog. I'm locked out of all my photos.

• 1. Re: Cannot locate catalog
          A.T. Romano Level 7

wesseli

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are standalone products, each coming with an Elements Organizer.

When same version and both on same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer catalog.

What programs do you have and on what computer operating system are they running?

Where are you getting this catalog message...when you try to get into the Elements Organizer from the Welcome Screen or

from an option in the Editor?

Let us find out if the catalog is really missing...you have not given us enough information for me to be more specific, so I will give you an

assumed route for the general idea...

1. Try to find the catalog on the hard drive - if Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Catalogs

and look for your catalog in the Catalogs Folder. Do you know what its name is and how many catalogs you have?

2. Then consider deleting  the Elements Organizer settings file named psa.prf.

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Folder for whatever your version number is

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable by renaming from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

With all of this, if you run into hidden files and folders, be sure to enable the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option

found in the Folder Options dialog/View Tab/

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR