3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 1:33 PM by A.T. Romano

Timelapse in Premiere Elements

geoffhodgson

What settings should I make in Premiere elements to replay a series of stills as a timelapse.

I have loaded the stills but when I click playback it takes 5 minutes to play 60 stills. I would have expected it to take about 2 seconds at 30 frames per second

• 1. Re: Timelapse in Premiere Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

geoffhodgson

I think that your question goes to the still image default duration that you have in preferences (Edit Menu/Preferences/General). The program default is 150 frames (or 5 seconds) @ 30 frames per seconds set up.

So, if it is taking 5 minutes to playback your 60 stills, that tells me that your Still Image Default Duration is 150 frame and that has to be lowered so that your 60 stills playback in 2 seconds.

If the 60 stills @ 5 seconds each are already on the Timeline, then select all, right click anywhere in the selection, from the pop up menu select Time Stretch, and in the Time Stretch dialog set the Time Stretch dialog's duration field for 1 frame - should read 00;00;00;01 (which represents hours;minutes;seconds;frames).

Alternatively, you could go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and set the Still Image Default Duration to 1 frame. Then after you make that set, all stills imported and dragged to the Timeline will have a duration of 1 frame (0,033 seconds). The setting in preferences holds from project to project. So, do not forget to change that setting to be appropriate for other projects.

Please review and consider and then let me know if you are OK with the above information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Timelapse in Premiere Elements
            geoffhodgson Level 1

Many thanks for the info, this has solved my problem.

I now know that you have to set the preferences BEFORE you load the media,

once media is loaded you cannot change the preferences!

Geoff

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 3:09 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Timelapse in Premiere Elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gepff

Thanks for the follow up. Glad that worked for you.

For further information on Time Lapse and Premiere Elements, please review and consider

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Time Lapse Video Basics

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/08/pe-numbered-stills-in-time-lapse-and.html

Best wishes

ATR