• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player driving me nuts

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a computer geek, just someone who views a computer as a tool. Software should be intuitive to use or just plain reliable. Every time I reboot my computer I am urged to download & install the latest version of adobe flash player. it usually happens when I attempt to view video files on some of my favourite websites. I have lost count of the times I have installed the latest version of adobe flash. I am sick of it. Is there an alternative to adobe flash player?

Running windows 7 professional, Internet explorer activeX, and, of course the latest version of adobe flash.

Regards Longjok

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue with flash player and windows 7, it's awful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Flash Player version?  ("latest" means nothing.)

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash player version is 32 bit Active X 16.0.0257   I only assumed it was the latest version since I am updating it so b...often! (every day)

regards, longjok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with browsers IE, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. I tried Chris Campbells (downloading SubinACL from MS etc.)  solution

but it did not help at all. I use WIndows 7, Flash Player version 16.0.0.287. It's worse than awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed this program as an alternative (i'm using I E  as my browser in windows 7 pro) Unity Web Player:; and have had no probs viewing media files, video etc. since. Early days yet  tho'.

regards; Longjok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ,

Please download the latest flash player version i.e 18.0.0.194 from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Nitanwar, I've had this problem for ages, with many downloads of latest versions. Each time I download I select "don't automatically check for upgrades", each time your product ignores this and automatically checks for upgrades. Process runs constantly, message box appears every time I log on....

The alternative to not selecting "do not automatically update", results in the process running permanently and crippling my computer (especially internet)usage. Hence I no longer bother with internet video and have deleted Adobe Flash.

As evidenced by others experience, there is a really annoying aggressive "Updater" problem with your software and compatibility with that little known product Windows 7.

If I download another new version, Is it going to be free of this "virus" or you may consider it a "feature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't adobe fix this, or is it something they do on purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the fact that I get a permanent Updater process running, Flashutil _xx_xx_xx_.exe that eats up my processing and kills my internet use.  Even though I have ticked the box saying never update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines