5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 7:16 AM by laurenr45671656

After Effects CC 2014 crashing on startup

laurenr45671656

I recently purchased Creative Cloud to use Photoshop and After Effects for my University course. I downloaded Photoshop and opened it, all fine with that. I then downloaded After Effects and clicked on it to open it, it shows the start up of it, looking like it was working and then this message popped up. 'After Effects error: After Effects crashed previously attempting to initialize OpenGL. Consult the manufacturer of your graphics card for compatible OpenGL driver.' I clicked okay and then it came up with a second message. 'After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <8756> <GPUManager> <2> Sniffer Result Code: 1'

Clicked okay again, then another message saying 'After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed. For After Affects Help and Support, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_ae_support. If you still can't resolve the issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support.' Then windows pops up saying how the program isn't working, checking for a solution and then closes.

I have tried some things myself. Restarting my laptop, making sure all updates are up to date on Creative Cloud and Windows. Also have tried uninstalling and re installing After Effects and Creative Cloud. I have tried logging out and logging back into Creative cloud but nothing has worked.

Need help ASAP, as I need to be getting on with my University work. So any help with be grateful. I have a Windows 7 laptop, just ask for any more details.

Thanks!