3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 1:20 AM by den_dhaeze

How come the "do not dispose" option in photoshop doesn't have any effect on my stopmotion animations when I import them in After Effects?

den_dhaeze

Hi,

i'm trying to create an animation in photoshop. It's a sort of spiral shape that appears bit by bit.

spiraal.png

I'm drawing different frames, but each frame is build onto the previous frame. So i don't have to redraw to part that came before the new part:

step2.pngstep3.png

So first i drew all the different frames (yes they have transparent backgrounds). Then I selected all layers and went to window > animation.Here I made frames from all the layers and converted it to a frame animation. here I selected all frames and selected " do not dispose" because I want all the previous frames to stay visible when a new frame appears.

Then  I did export >render video

file options:

image sequence: photoshop

range: all frames

render opt: straight

frame rate: 20fps

Now I get all the different layers as PSD files. After this I imported the files in after effects:

file>import >multiple files 

import as: footage, photoshop sequence, merged layers

this gives me a single animated file with all the frames behind each other. But the "do not dispose" option has no effect here. I just shows all the different frames, but it disposes all previous frames. Instead of this as a final frame:

ae1.png

I get this:

ae2.png

Can someone help me with this? I'm kinda new to animation.