3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 7:28 AM by A.T. Romano

Error while storing the movie

AnBo

Independent of the movie storing method (MPEG - PAL DVD-Standard, etc.) I always get an error message "Error during export: Error during creation of the movie. Unknown error," at the end of the process. I have enough RAM (4 GB) and disk space (555 GB). The operating system is Windows 7 Professional 32bit. I am using the new Adobe Premiere Elements 13 version. Please help me - I have no idea about the solution ... Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Error while storing the movie
          A.T. Romano Level 7

AnBo

Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12, and 13 Windows are 64 bit applications only when run on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer. So, with your Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 32 bit, you are working with a 32 bit application in a 32 bit system with all the computer resource limitations of the 32 bit system, namely, maximum supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which 3.2 to 3.0 GB of that are available.

Are you doing SD or HD projects?

But, your project error message seems pointed to the creation of the movie. Consequently, we will start with questions such as

1. What are the properties of the source files that you brought into the project?

2. Did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set the project preset to match the properties of those source files?

3. What did you set for Presets when you decided to go Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG? Just before you hit Save in the Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG area, what do you see there for estimated file size and duration of the export to be?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your reply.

If you have any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. We can go at whatever troubleshooting pace you prefer.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Error while storing the movie
            AnBo Level 1

A.T. Romano,

thanks for your support in advance.

The movie source with his properties is coming from a Audials 11 recorded wmv-file according to below screenshot (no HD quality).

I tried multiple times the automatically Premiere default settings without individual adjustments in the two below screenshots.

In below settings screenshots you can also see the answer to your 3rd question.

AP Error Message.JPGAP Movie Source.JPGAP Settings 1.JPGAP Settings 2.JPG

• 3. Re: Error while storing the movie
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AnBo

Thanks for the details of your issue.

Do you have the latest version of QuickTIme installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 13?

Also, determine if the issue exists with or without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 or Higher preference enabled. For that please

see Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Do you have Movie Maker 2012 installed on your computer? If so, try converting your .wmv to H.264.mp4 in Movie Maker and

then importing the H.264.mp4 into Premiere Elements 13 using Premiere Elements 13's Add Media/Files and Folders. When you

do that, do the MPEG and AVCHD exports go to a successful completion?

How many of wmv files do you have on this 41 minute Timeline? Just one 41 minute wmv file?

What types of edits have you applied to the Timeline content? If you just import - export with no edits in between, does

the problem still exist with those MPEG and AVCHD exports?

Please review and consider and then we will decide what next.

ATR