I am have the same problem trying to authorize the 4.0 edition
All I get is a message that says "Digital Edition could not connect to activation server". Same issue as you. Not sure what the problem is.
I have the same issue.
Having same issues. Can not authorize adobe account.
1 person found this helpful
To everyone having this issue in this thread... I found that this previous forum answer worked for me! Hope it works for you too.
I found an answer (forgot exactly where) that said that one way that works is to:
1) Delete the installed edition of Adobe digital editions 4.x from your computer that won't authorize Digital Solutions.
2) Use Internet Explorer (not Firefox or Chrome) to download Adobe digital editions 3.x found on the Adobe web site: Download | Adobe Digital Editions and click on link to Download Digital Edition 3.0 here
3) Install Adobe Digital Solutions 3.0
4) Authorize computer (it worked for me at this point!)
5) Open the book you are trying to use
6) Download Digital Solutions 4.0 and install. This will update you to latest version AND keep your computers authorization.
Let me know if this works for anyone else besides me!
I have a similar problem. My original authorization done with version 2, updated to version 4. The email I used to authorize years ago is no longer valid (does not exist) and I do not remember the password, so I cannot erase the authorization and set a new authorization. Is there a way to blow away the old authorization? I cannot read new ebooks on ADE.
Well done ,I was tearing my hair out trying to get this issue sorted.Originally sceptical but Internet explorer does solve the problem authorised my computer straight away, Cheers