2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 4:47 PM by JimHess

Goint To Creative Cloud for LR and PS.

bht42 Level 1

I currently have LR v5.7.1(purchased LR 5 disc) and PS CS5 Extended v12.0.4 (purchased disc) and don't want to pay the enormous upgrade price for PS to keep up with the latest version of ACR, so I was thinking about transitioning to Creative Cloud. If I do so, would I uninstall LR (backing up everything of course) and PS? Are there any precautions I need to take?

Thanks for all responses.

• 1. Re: Goint To Creative Cloud for LR and PS.
          dj_paige Level 9

uninstall is not needed, but it won't hurt either

• 2. Re: Goint To Creative Cloud for LR and PS.
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can leave your Photoshop CS5 installed. It won't interfere with Photoshop CC. You will have to decide if you want to uninstall the Lightroom you are using and reinstall from the creative cloud manager. I did that when I joined the creative cloud. I don't know if the Lightroom you have installed will automatically see Photoshop CC, but you can configure it as your secondary editor. I uninstalled Lightroom standalone and installed from the creative cloud manager. It is the same program, just licensed differently. After the reinstall I just double-clicked on the desktop icon and was right back into the same catalog, same images, same everything. And Lightroom sees Photoshop CC as my primary external editor. It's up to you whether you take the time to uninstall/reinstall Lightroom. There probably isn't really one right answer.