4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 9:57 PM by maxwells4718395

export and m4v?

maxwells4718395

a couple days ago i exported some video and liked the results quite a bit, the files are m4v's and for the life of me I cant remember or figure out what settings i chose to get that file. anyone?

• 1. Re: export and m4v?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

maxells

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

You were not very generous with the details so I will point you in the direction for obtaining a m4v file from Premiere Elements.

Please supply more information if you need more specific information...

The secrets to success can be found in the Share settings

a. you remove the check mark next to Export audio in the Advanced export settings (m4v is basically a video file with no audio).

b. Under the multiplexer tab in the Advanced export settings, you select None instead of .mp4

Opportunities for the .m4v might be found in Premiere Elements 13 places where you would go to export a .mp4 file,  for example in Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and the .mp4 preset choices and in Publish+Share/Mobile Phones and Players/Apple iPod, iPad, and iPhone.

We could probably pin point this further with more information - frame size, frame rate, and so on.

ATR

• 2. Re: export and m4v?
            maxwells4718395 Level 1

Hi A.T. thanks so much for the help, I am very much a beginner at this. I finally figured out that I got my .m4v files from IMOVIE, and not Premiere. What is strange, is that Imovie M4V files do have audio....

Thank you so much for your help,

/max

• 3. Re: export and m4v?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

max

Thanks for the update.

About your observation that iMovie M4V files do have audio.

Let me clarify regarding my comment

m4v is basically a video file with no audio

When I exported my Timeline content, using Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30

and set the Advanced export settings

a. Export Video and Export Audio, both with a check mark

and

b. Set Multiplexer setting to None

Then the export was 2 files....one M4V (video part) and one AAC (audio part). Pending further information from you, those were

generalizations.

Best wishes with your video projects. If any questions on Premiere Elements workflows, please let me know.

ATR

• 4. Re: export and m4v?
                maxwells4718395 Level 1

ah, great, lots to learn! thanks a ton again for the responses! I'll poke around based on your advice, THANKS