4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2015 4:03 AM by mikek74440422

Failed to initialize installer problem.

mikek74440422

I used to have Photoshop CS6 installed and then i tried to install after effects CS6 but its installation ended with error, so if i ever tried to launch it it would just crash, so then i used the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe to clean it and try to install again, but no use. I then tried installing everything with the cleaner tool and now i just cant install any adobe product that requires the same installer. And since the support tool has been discontinued (Adobe - Adobe Support Advisor) i am stumped. i have tried looking up other forum posts of the same install error but i cant find one that matches.

So far i have gathered some information from other forums for what information i need to display here:

Install log:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {CFA46C39-C539-4BE9-9364-495003C714AD} Adobe SwitchBoard 2.0 2.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DF029: ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0(Seq 1)

Please search the above error/warning string(s) to find when the error occurred.

These errors resulted in installer Exit Code mentioned below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[    6176] Sat May 10 21:05:20 2014  INFO

Exit Code: 0 - No error.

Please see specific errors and warnings for troubleshooting. For example, WARNING: DF029 ...

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

END - Installer Session

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

I'm running Win 8.1 64 bit on a Samsung satellite laptop