3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 8:54 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I save a long video clip which I've split into two parts; save it as two seperate clips?

smwproductions

I've split a video about 25 minutes into two parts; now how do I save the parts separately (as two different clips)?

• 1. Re: How do I save a long video clip which I've split into two parts; save it as two seperate clips?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

smwproductions

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Do you want to export these two clips from the same Timeline? If so, you can selectively export them.

Two critical details for this...

a. Set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the segment that you want to export

and

b. Have a check mark next to the option Share Work Area Bar Only in the export settings. Not all export

choices have this option. But, it is a must have for this select exporting.

You can set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar with keyboard shortcuts...

Move the Timeline Indicator to the beginning of the segment to be exported. Then as you hold down the

Alt key of the computer keyboard, hit the left bracket key [

Move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment to be exported. Then as you hold down the

Alt key of the computer keyboard, hit the right bracket key ]

The following is a quick look at the gray tabs and the Work Area Bar to which I am referring.

graytabs10.JPG

This screenshot is from a Premiere Elements version earlier than 11, but it conveys the concept of gray tabs and

Work Area Bar in the Edit area as well as the option Share Work Area Bar Only in the export settings.

Please le me know if you have any questions or need clarification on any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...I am strictly an Elements Windows user. The same principles should hold for Premiere Elements Mac.

Not sure how the Alt will translate for match in this keyboard shortcut - Option or something else?

• 2. Re: How do I save a long video clip which I've split into two parts; save it as two seperate clips?
            smwproductions Level 1

Thanks a million....I will try this...I actually just bought this software a week ago...It's Adobe Photoshop Premiere 13 (the latest version).

• 3. Re: How do I save a long video clip which I've split into two parts; save it as two seperate clips?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

smwproductions

Thanks for the follow up and looking into the suggested workflow for selective export of Timeline content.

Are you working on Premiere Elements 13 Windows or Mac? The details posted should be appropriate for your version

Premiere Elements 13 Windows. Should hold up for Mac, but I am not sure of Alt versus Option for the keyboard shortcut

setting of the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar.

As your schedule permits, please let us know the outcome.

Any question or need clarification, please never hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

ATR