1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2007 9:42 AM by Newsgroup_User

Transparent graphics on textured background

bobelmore Level 1
      This was discussed earlier, but I don't think my situation is exactly the same. I want to use a transparent GIF in some elearning I am doing with Captivate 2. Captivate has the option to use a GIF as transparent, and when I use it on a sold color background it works great. However, I also want to display the graphic over a screen shot of a web site, which has a textured background. When I do this it causes dithering around the edges of the transparent GIF.

If I make the GIF transparent in Fireworks will it work better? Can I use this background texture as the background for a transparent GIF, and if so how do I do it? In Modify>Canvas>Color I only see solid color options. Is there a better option? Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Transparent graphics on textured background
          Level 7
          bobelmore,

You are on the right path. Import the textured background into FW, place
          behind the image. Then export.

alex

bobelmore wrote:
          > This was discussed earlier, but I don't think my situation is exactly the same.
          > I want to use a transparent GIF in some elearning I am doing with Captivate 2.
          > Captivate has the option to use a GIF as transparent, and when I use it on a
          > sold color background it works great. However, I also want to display the
          > graphic over a screen shot of a web site, which has a textured background. When
          > I do this it causes dithering around the edges of the transparent GIF.
          >
          > If I make the GIF transparent in Fireworks will it work better? Can I use
          > this background texture as the background for a transparent GIF, and if so how
          > do I do it? In Modify>Canvas>Color I only see solid color options. Is there a
          > better option? Thanks.
          >