14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2015 7:35 AM by dummergold

Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.

BrijeshSinghal Level 1

Hey,

I need a little bit of help here. I am trying to edit a Minecraft let's play. I loaded the two clips. They are of the same length and the audio is already in sync. I created two sequences from the clips and added the watermark to each sequence. Then using the two edited sequences I created a Multicam Source Sequence. Since they are already synced, I just had to create a new sequence from the Multicam Source Sequence. I do that and the new sequence shows up in the timeline. The problem here is that in this new Multicam Target sequence, when I right click in the timeline, there is an option for multicam and it's enabled and it's showing both the cameras.

Untitled.jpg

However, when I check the settings in the Program Monitor, there is no option for a Multicam view.

Untitled.png

So, I have to like manually cut in the timeline and select the camera angle for each cut. Any solution for the Multicam option to show up in the Program monitor? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I am extremely new to video editing and using Premier Pro. So don't hate on me. I already know I suck.

• 1. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
          dummergold Level 4

The 'source' - your multicamera source, the video tracks should be V1 and V2, one on top of the other. If you were to view it, you would only see one video track, not beside each other.

That is my quick thought to put out there to see if helps.

Edit - but I do see your V1 and V2, so I need to be sitting at my machine to simulate.

• 2. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
            BrijeshSinghal Level 1

Thank you so much for replying. Anyway, I am not able to figure out how to make this work. I have tried it so many times, made the multi cam source around 20 times and deleted but it doesn't seem to work.

• 3. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
              dummergold Level 4

Those screen shots are good. Can you do another of your multicamera source sequence displayed in the program monitor please.

I also get confused with your 3 sequences on the timeline and two showing in the project bin. Not that the problem lies there, but when I visualize your two sequences with watermark, then your sync. sequence, then the multicamera edit sequence, I visualize 4.

I will not be at my machine for a few hours, so anything I would say would be a guess. Like take copy your first watermark video track to V1 and second watermark video track to V2 in your multicamera source sequence. Then right click that sequence in the project bin and choose 'make a new sequence'. Then your multicamera source sequence will create a flattened  one Video track sequence. After that, right click on that 'new' sequence in the project bin and choose 'open in timeline'. Then 'wrench' to your 'multicamera' In the program monitor.

• 4. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                BrijeshSinghal Level 1

Here are the screenshots.

I did everything as you told. The problem is there is no option for Multicam in the wrench in the program monitor.

Btw, thank you so much for taking out the time to help me. I really appreciate it.

MultiCam Source in Program Monitor

MultiCam Source in Program Monito.jpg

Every single sequence.

Several Screenshots.jpg

Capture.PNG

Thanks again.

• 5. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                  dummergold Level 4

I will be several hours (4+) before I am at my machine to see if I can replicate the ability to 'not' have the multicamera option showing in the program monitor.

it is hard to think of all the options without the actual program running to try different things.

• 6. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                    BrijeshSinghal Level 1

Sure. Thank you so much.

• 7. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                      John Dimick Level 1

I think you need to open the Button Editor in the Program Monitor. Then you can add the "Toggle Multi-Camera View" button to the row of control buttons below the Program Monitor.

1. Click on the Program Monitor "Button Editor," which is the cross in the lower right side of the Program Monitor. This brings up a menu of buttons you can use to customize the Program Monitor controls.

2. Find the "Toggle Multi-Camera View" button (lower right corner, last button, I think) and drag it into the area where the other control buttons are (Stop, Play, Pause, etc.).

3. Click OK.

Now you have a new Program Monitor button that toggles Multicam view on and off.

You can also toggle Multicam view without the button by using keyboard shortcut Shift+0.

• 8. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                        dummergold Level 4

I like that John! Handy trick, saves going to the wrench to choose the multicamera. Just click on the + symbol in the Program monitor, click/hold, drag, drop/release into the program monitor buttons.

Thing that gets me, is how does one loose the multicamera option in the program monitor settings anyways? Its like BrijeshSinghai's settings are reversed from his Source monitor to his Program monitor.

• 9. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                          dummergold Level 4

The Premiere Pro version you are running seems to be CC as my CC 2014 has slightly different 'multicamera enable' feature. Also, your pop-up menu contains more settings, such as your top 5 'undock panel, unlock frame, close panel, close frame, maximize frame' - all which I have in another menu spot, so don't know how that is achieved, unless an earlier version.

Why is the 'Gang Source and Program' highlighted? Mine is 'greyed out'. Actually when mine is in multicamera mode, the gang souce and program is greyed out, but when I am in composite view it is 'choose-able'

Edit - (again) - I get strange things happening when I view the multicamera source sequence in the Source monitor and then (with source monitor wrench) open sequence in timeline - strange things, such as my multicamera function does not work (but the option is there).

So, is that is what is happening? After I cannot get my multicamera sequence to display the two views correctly, I have to click on the sequence in the Project bin (right click), and choose 'open in timeline', then my multicamera display operates correctly.

I think that viewing your multicamera sequence in your Source sequence knocks out the pProgram monitor's ability to show the multicamera.

That is all I have been able to come up with. Sorry, my time is all up, I have to shut down my thoughts and get at numerous other things. Hope some of this was a help.

• 10. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                            dummergold Level 4

and a visual

multicam2r.jpg

• 11. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                              BrijeshSinghal Level 1

Hey man. I just wanted to say thank you so much for taking out the time to help me out. Seriously, thanks a lot man. You're awesome.

Oh and I have tried everything. It just doesn't seem to work. I'll look on other websites.

And here is the screenshot of my button panel. Also, the version is CS6.

Capture.PNG

• 12. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                                dummergold Level 4

CS6 is 'keyword' when talking about multicamera because they changed the structure of the multicamera monitor when Adobe updated into the CC versions. They had us scratching our heads looking for the option when they moved it into the program monitor settings.

To find the multicamera monitor in CS6 it is in a different spot. The top menus, go to Window, click and choose 'Multi-camera Monitor' from the drop down menu.

My memory of achieving this is to create a new sequence and drag your 'Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence' from the project bin onto the timeline. Then go to the top meu bar and click 'Window', and choose 'Multi-Camera Monitor'.

Or another way, instead of creating a new sequence, just drag the 'Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence' from the project bin onto the timeline of another sequence already opened.

Or, right click the 'Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence' and choose 'New Sequence From Clip'.

and, what I mean about 'Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence' is the sequence you have in your timeline with the icon that has 4 lines, not the 3 skewed line sequences.

Now that we know you are CS6, you should be getting better guidance to your goal.

• 13. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                                  BrijeshSinghal Level 1

Oh Jesus. I am so sorry for wasting so much of your time. Oh God, I am such an *******. I should have mentioned it in the beginning only. Thank you so much. It works perfectly. Seriously, thank you. And I am so sorry for all this crap. I feel like **** right now.

• 14. Re: Premier Pro Multicam Not Working.
                                    dummergold Level 4

No worries. Its all good. I could have asked in the first place also. Both learned. You are welcome. Have fun multi-camming!