3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 9:46 AM by thedigitaldog

Color shift between Develop Module and other modules in Lr 5.7.1

AgostinhoMachado

Hello,

I'm getting a color shift between the devolop module and any other module in Lr.

It's a recent problem that I've been experiencing since the last update.

I'm using Lr as part of the Adobe Photographers Bundle in a Windows 8.1 pro.

Below I have an example for the kind of color shift i'm seeing. The image on the left is from the Devolop Mobule and the one on the right is form the Library Module.

Is this happening to any one else? Does any one know why?

I would appreciate any help.

Devolop.PNGLibrary.PNG

• 1. Re: Color shift between Develop Module and other modules in Lr 5.7.1
          GautamBahl Adobe Employee

Hi AgostinhoMachado,

The most accurate way to view your images is in Develop when set to 1:1 (or greater). Develop previews noise reduction and sharpening at this or greater zoom ratio where Library doesn’t so there is an expected visual disconnect between modules.

Thank you for posting on Adobe Forums.

• 2. Re: Color shift between Develop Module and other modules in Lr 5.7.1
            AgostinhoMachado Level 1

Hi Gautam,

Thanks for your reply but i'm afraid it's not helpful.

First the disconnect between modules, as you call it, is something that I've experienced recently after the last update and it's not a small one. The reds in the Develop module get a orange/yellow cast in the Library module.

Maybe i'm not making my self clear and I apologize for it. When I import the photos in to Lr I can't see any difference between Develop and Library module. But if I apply any edits on the Develop module the differences are quite significant to any other module (Book; Web; Print; Slideshow), so when I export the images they export as seen in the Library module which makes it quite difficult to do edits.

• 3. Re: Color shift between Develop Module and other modules in Lr 5.7.1
              thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Gautam is correct in that the preview mechanism isn't the same in Develop and the other modules and, you must view the color in Develop at 1:1 to see an accurate preview. The color space is different that's probably why you see this difference in reds (especially if you use a wide gamut display).

IF you build your own ICC profiles for your display, be sure the software is not building a V4 (version 4) profile, stick with V2.

As for exporting and comparing, be sure the secondary application is color managed! Otherwise it's expected that there is a visual disconnect between LR and that app.