3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 10:19 AM by Sara.Forsberg

How do I put a "box" around fields?

Bodz30

I want to have a box around my text however cannot seem to figure out how.  Help please

• 1. Re: How do I put a "box" around fields?
          Sara.Forsberg Employee Moderator

Hi Bodz30,

Are you creating your form in Adobe FormsCentral? If so, there isn't way to put a box around the field labels.

If you're working with Acrobat, you can right-click the field and choose Properties from the pop-up menu. Click the Appearance tab to assign a border to the field (make sure that Transparency isn't selected at the bottom of the dialog box).

Best,

Sara

• 2. Re: How do I put a "box" around fields?
            Bodz30 Level 1

Thank you

I have Adobe Acrobat XI pro and when I select "create form" it automatically goes to formscentral.  Is there somewhere else to make these forms in the program?

• 3. Re: How do I put a "box" around fields?
              Sara.Forsberg Employee Moderator

Hi Bodz30,

You're in the right place when you choose Forms from the Tools panel. But, instead of clicking From Scratch or Template in the Create Form dialog box (which launches the FormsCentral desktop app), you can click From Existing Document to create a form of the open PDF file (or a different PDF file, if you choose). Then, you'll be creating the form using the Forms tools in Acrobat.

Best,
              Sara