3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 1:14 PM by whsprague

Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13

StevenNG

Sorry, I did not see a forum for Premier 13, so I posted here. I figure if you know Premier Pro, you probably can answer this question.

When I import a still from LR5 with edits, it seems to be imported without the edits. How do I get the photo imported with edits?

Also, must I resize the photo for best quality in Premier Elements 13 before I import it???

• 1. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Steven,

StevenNG wrote:

Sorry, I did not see a forum for Premier 13, so I posted here.

I'll move your post.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

StevenNG

What are the pixel dimensions of these still images that you want to import into Premiere Elements 13?

Classically stills oversized for the project settings took the project down and you would find recommendations - for SD, not to exceed 1000 x 750 and for HD other.

But, with Premiere Elements as a 64 bit application in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, you can stretch these limits depending on the level of your computer resources.

The project will not block you from importing a 10000 x 7500 pixels still as it does in earlier versions of the program. But just because you can does not mean you

should. If you get to a point where your workflow is jeopardized by high resolution stills and a lot of them, then crop resize to 16:9 about 1920 x 1080.

Also, stills with CMYK color profile are not supported in Premiere Elements.

Please let me know if you need clarification on the above.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
              StevenNG Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks for your comprehensive answer. However, I still need a little more help, if possible.

First, let me say that I am using a MacBook Pro, not Windows. I don't know if that makes a difference. This is the first time I am trying to make a project with Premiere Elements 13. In the past I have used Aperture and iMovie. iMovie had no difficulty importing stills directly from Aperture without resizing. In addition, there was no problem with edits, even if they were done with third party software, i.e. Topaz, PSCS6, OnOne, etc. That being said, as Aperture is no longer supported, I have migrated to LR5 and Premiere Elements. I plan to import hundreds of stills as well as dozens of movie clips, so to resize all will be a nuisance. I'm not even sure how to do it. At any rate, the dimensions of this photo I am using as a trial are 5180x3456 pixels.

In terms of color, I am using a Canon 60D set to sRGB. Photoshop CS6 is set to ProPhoto RGB, although this photo was not edited with PS6, just with LR5. I do not see in LR5 preferences any way to set the color space, so I'm not sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not CMYK.

If you can give clarification on any of this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Steven

• 4. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Steven

If video was to be included in one of these projects with your 5180 x 3456 stills, I would have even more consideration than what is below.

Premiere Elements projects presets are for 4:3 or 16:9 and your still example is 5180 x 3456 3:2.

1. A project preset needs to be set for each project. There is only one project preset for a project. The program is designed for the project to set the project preset automatically based on the properties of the first file dragged to the Timeline. If it cannot, then it will set the project preset at NTSC\AVCHD\Full HD1080i30 (which is it default for NTSC setup). If you "simply" import your 5180 x 3456 pixels still to the Timeline of that project, you will have black borders to the left and right of the image in the Edit area monitor whose space is established according to the project preset specifications. If you do not want black borders in the image, then you can zoom in on the image until the black borders are not seen. The project preset established after dragging the first file to the Timeline is not changed if files of a different format are added after that first file is dragged to the Timeline.

2. There are import settings for 4K video (3840 x 2160 16:9 pixels). You could set that manually for the project preset (File Menu/New/Project) before you import the still into the project.

But because of the 3:2 vs 16:9, you will still need to address the black border situation.

3. The Elements Organizer 13 will let you bring into it 5180 x 3456 3:2 stills. And, you can get them from there into Premiere Elements

a. from Elements Organizer....Right click Elements Organizer thumbnail for the still, select "Edit with Premiere Elements Editor"

or

b. In Premiere Elements Editor...Add Media/Elements Organizer

4. When it comes to export, if you use Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD, no problem finding a preset for 1920 x 1080 and even customizing

the existing 1920 x 1080 preset to 3840 x 2160, but you cannot go much higher than that.

If you use the 4K export route Publish+Shae/Computer/XAVC-S, you will find 3840 x 2160 presets there but I have found that you cannot customize

those existing project preset resolutions there to much greater than 3840 x 2160....at any rate not to 5180 x 3456.

The above are just a touch on the export to file saved to the computer hard drive. But, if you want to burn your Timeline content to disc...the maximum

end product resolution would be found in AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. You will not get a resolution greater than 1920 x 1080, and the frame

rates include only 29.97 or 25 interlaced frames per second or 23.974 progressive frames per second depending on the available export preset.

Definitely go the Premiere Elements 13 Mac tryout before purchase to verify who I am reporting.

Please review and consider. And, then let me know if I am going in the right direction for what you need to know.

ATR

• 5. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                  StevenNG Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks.

I tried your suggestions, but they did not work.

I imported the photo into the Organizer, but when I moved it into Premier Elements 13, there was no option to change pixel size.

So, I am getting black borders on left and right.

Also, as mentioned, photo does not import with edits.

Thanks for your help.

Steven

• 6. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Steven

Thanks for the reply. Did you see my mention of scaling the photo to fit the Edit area space established by the project preset setting?

You can do that at least two ways.

Click on the photo in the monitor to bring up its bounding box. Then drag on a bounding box handle to zoom in just to the point where

the black borders are gone.

Or, click on the photo in the Timeline to select it. Go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded, and use

the Scale slider there with Constrain Proportions enabled. That will enable scaling with width and height together. If you want to scale

width and height separately, then remove the check mark next to Constrain Proportions to disable the togetherness.

There is always batch cropping/resizing before importing the photos into a project. But, I thought we would have you try first importing the

photos as is with their aspect ratio and size issues/considerations.

Please let us know if the above offered useful clarification of where I was going on this.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                      StevenNG Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks again for your reply. However, I am having no luck following your directions.

1. When I click on the photo in the monitor, I get no bounding box. OR,

2. When I select the photo in the Timeline, I can not find "Applied Effects Tab" anywhere. So, I have been unable to resize the photo.

Also, still cannot import photo with applied adjustments made in LR5. Only original photo is imported, without the edits.

Steven

• 8. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Steven

Are you working in the Expert workspace or the Quick workspace. These are two different workspaces (in Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13). Quick workspace

does not have all the features of Expert.

StevenBoundingBox.jpg

What format are the Lightroom exports - jpg, psd, or other.

What specific edits have been made to them (in general).

But first lets work on the Scale in Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Steven

The following is the Quick workspace counterpart of what you would see in the Expert workspace of 13 (Please refer to post 8 of your thread)

Note -

same bounding box with handles

same Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded with its Scale

StevenQuick2.JPG

So, at this point, I am not seeing a difference in workspaces to account for you not seeing the features mentioned for

the task that we are discussing.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what needs further clarification.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                            whsprague Level 4

StevenNG wrote:

When I import a still from LR5 with edits, it seems to be imported without the edits. How do I get the photo imported with edits?

Steven,

I know nothing about Apple products but have been using LR and PrE for a couple years doing what you are describing.

Based on what you wrote, I think there is a mistake in your LR processing, not PrE.  LR records your work in a file separate from the image file.  It is called a catalog file or optionally a "sidecar" file.  If you open the original image in any other software, PrE included, it won't "see" any of the changes you made that are stored in the catalog or sidecar file.  

LR expects you to use the Export tools to make a NEW image file for use in printing, emailing, web viewing, videos or slide shows.  The idea behind that is to protect the original.  Select one or all of the images you intend to use, right click and Export.  There are a lot of choices to facilitate various purposes, but for PrE I like JPEGs.    My habit is to export the copies as a batch to a project specific folder.  Then in PrE you can add all of those photos in that folder at once. 

I'm not sure of your production goals, but my habit for stills is to make all the adjustments, including cropping in LR to match my needs in PrE.   My procedure for setting up the project depends on what will be in it.  The set up for a photos only project will vary from a mixed media project. 

FWIW, before ATR became active with all his detailed work, Bill Hunt and Steve Grisetti advise me I need to re-size my images.  Since I'd never done that, didn't know what it meant and had several projects where that was not done, I spent a week "testing" it.  I have a strong computer and PrE has apparently changed over time.  I saw no visible or performance change with re-sizing or not re-sizing.

Bill

• 11. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                              StevenNG Level 1

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that edited data in LR5 is stored as a set of directions maintained in the catalog. Is this the "sidecar" you speak of?

All of my edited photos, whether edited with LR5, Photoshop, or any of my other plug in programs, look great. So, presumably the data is being properly stored in the catalog.

OK. So, you say that PrE won't see this data. I understand, although it makes no sense as these are Adobe products, and should work seamlessly. Be that as it may, I need to get edited photos into PrE.

When I right click on the photo and choose export, there is no option to "Export to PrE". I'm not even sure you are saying I should EXPORT photos to PrE. I thought I IMPORT photos via the Organizer, which is what I am doing. And, as you said, PrE is not "seeing" my edits.

Also, still getting the black bars on right and left side. I will look over what ATR sent, and see if that resolves any issues.

Thanks.

Steven

• 12. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                StevenNG Level 1

Hi ATR,

THANKS FOR YOUR VISUALS!!!

They were very helpful. I am working in Expert view. The photo imported was a JPEG. Following your visuals, I was able to expand the photo. It now fills the screen!!

That being said, must this be done for all imported photos. I think you said this could be done as a batch. How would I do this? How do I import a photo that is not a JPEG? Generally, after editing, my photos are saved as TIFs.

Also, still having difficulty importing edited photos with the edits in tact. See Bill's reply.

I want to thank you for sticking with me. I'm sure my questions must seem rather simple, but I need all the help I can get.

Thanks!!

Steve

• 13. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Thanks for the reply. No question is unimportant if you do not have an answer for it. So, we are glad for the opportunity to help.

If you use your Lightroom still 5180 x 3456 with its 3:2 aspect ratio, then you are going to have to go through the process that we just went through.

As mentioned, the Premiere Elements project presets are for 4:3 or 16:9.

To get into the situation where you do not have to go through all that for each photo, then we get to the crop/resize each still to about 1920 x 1080 or higher 16:9 before

import into a Premiere Elements project set with the appropriate 16:9 project preset. In this instance, as i see it, it is the 3:2 part of this, not the pixel

dimensions, that are generating this consideration.

You can find programs that will batch resize. Lots of them. But, in your circumstances, you should be targeting a program that will batch crop and batch resize at the same time. There are fewer of them around. Will Lightroom offer you that opportunity?

Batch Crop and Resize in Lightroom - Digital Photography School

From what you wrote, one of your current issues is maintaining Lightroom edits in Premiere Elements. But, you could look at programs such as IrfanView or Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

The above Premiere Elements principles should apply to jpeg or tiff.

If you continue to have problems maintaining the Lightroom still edits in Premiere Elements, I will take a look at the issue first hand by tomorrow.

Internet connection problems are affecting my replies. Did you say what version of Lightroom that you use?

To be continued.

ATR

• 14. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Oops. Forget about my question about version of LIghtroom that you are using. You mention it (Lightroom 5) in your thread title.

ATR

• 15. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                      whsprague Level 4

StevenNG wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that edited data in LR5 is stored as a set of directions maintained in the catalog. Is this the "sidecar" you speak of?

All of my edited photos, whether edited with LR5, Photoshop, or any of my other plug in programs, look great. So, presumably the data is being properly stored in the catalog.

OK. So, you say that PrE won't see this data. I understand, although it makes no sense as these are Adobe products, and should work seamlessly. Be that as it may, I need to get edited photos into PrE.

When I right click on the photo and choose export, there is no option to "Export to PrE". I'm not even sure you are saying I should EXPORT photos to PrE. I thought I IMPORT photos via the Organizer, which is what I am doing. And, as you said, PrE is not "seeing" my edits.

Also, still getting the black bars on right and left side. I will look over what ATR sent, and see if that resolves any issues.

Thanks.

Steven

"Is this the "sidecar" you speak of?"

No.  Lightroom normally saves all the work you do in what Adobe calls a "catalog" file.  On a PC it ends in ".lrcat".  The work pattern for photographers that do not use Lightroom, use Photoshop instead and elect to use RAW formats end up processing their files through Adobe Camera Raw or "ACR".  In that case, the adjustments are not saved in the original file, but a "sidecar" file of the same filename, but with the extension of ".xmp".  For some, like a pro that is sending a RAW image file through the internet to a client, the pro's work will go with it in the .xmp file.  To make it work a little better for some, Lightroom can make use of the .xmp file. 

"All of my edited photos, whether edited with LR5, Photoshop, or any of my other plug in programs, look great. So, presumably the data is being properly stored in the catalog."

Of course they look good.  In Photoshop, you can make your changes, including plug-in changes, and they will disappear if you don't do a "Save" or "Save as..."  If you start in Lightroom and want to edit in Photoshop (with plug-ins) you have choices in the "Edit in" dialog for working on copies or originals.  Most don't like altering their originals so usually pick "Edit copy with Lightroom adjustments".   When you end the Photoshop and Lightroom work, if set up right, it comes back to Lightroom when you Save and exit in Photoshop.  It should be the third iteration:  Orginial, copy to Photoshop and image back from Photoshop. 

"Be that as it may, I need to get edited photos into PrE."

I won't defend or explain Adobe's ideas of how things should work, but there is no "Export to.." or "Edit in.." process for directly going to any video editor, including PrE.  The logic is different for video editing.  But there are several ways getting still photos to PrE.  Once you do all your work in Photoshop, plug-ins and Lightroom, the finished product is saved somewhere where you put it.  If the image has extra Lightroom work, you have to "Export" a final/finished product.  There is no "Save" in Lightroom.   Skip Organizer and go direct to PrE and follow the "Add Media > From Files or Folders" sequence.  I do it in batches with copies for speed and convenience.  I can explain that more if you want.

"Also, still getting the black bars on right and left side"

That is a function of mismatch between what cameras, TVs and video project think make the perfect rectangle.  Our expectation now is that TV's are widescreen in a ratio of 1920x1080 or 16x9.  To get your your stills to match, it has to be cropped to that ratio.  Re-sizing is a different process where an image of a few thousand pixels up and down can be reduced to fewer pixels.  It can be used in ways to re-size to a ratio that fits, but it is not the same as having control in cropping.   I find it better to do the cropping with the Crop tool in the Lightroom Develop module and I ignore re-sizing.   I often go a step further and make sure my camera is set to take photos at 16x9.

I'm going to be away from this until much later, maybe tomorrow.  If you want to continue with the Lightroom to PrE flow, it is what I do all the time for both photos and videos.  I use Photshop Elements, Topaz and Nik plug-ins.  It is a delightful system.  My usual output is for Vimeo and I can show you some examples.  I've worked out a pattern where everything starts in Lightroom and works through PrE. 

The next step for me would be to understand what you intend to deliver your project to.  A TV, YouTube, DVD, iPad or what?  Then perhaps we can get a project set up that will accommodate that, fill it with photos and get something done. 

If you're serious, I would be looking at tutorials here: 

Learn Premiere Elements | Adobe TV

And here:

Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 | Adobe TV

• 16. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                        whsprague Level 4

Look like we have too many cooks stirring the soup again.  ATR wants to re-size, not crop.  I want to crop and only re-size if necessary. 

The original question was about loosing Lightroom adjustments.  I've explained that.  The second question is about re-sizing.  You do not need to do that.  It works better to think in terms of matching the original to the intended output with cropping.

Rather than make it a contest, I'll bow out.  It is silly to spend so much time typing only to have ATR step over anything suggested by anybody else.  It's a shame nobody participates here anymore.  John Smith seems to be the last hold out!

It is very frustrating to be kicked to the curb.

You own the space ATR!

• 17. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

All my responses have been as follow ups to our original discussion which started your thread and its issue description.

All has been presented to offer possibilities in the workflow for you to decide what works for you.

To point out, what I wrote in reply to what you wrote directed at me

In this instance, as i see it, it is the 3:2 part of this, not the pixel

dimensions, that are generating this consideration.

And, if you do not want to do the import/scale for each of your originals, then...

3:2 to 16:9 needs a crop in the equation which takes you out of the drag and drop for adding media to get to without black borders.

Whether you resize or not, my reply stands as written.

Again, I am offering possibilities in workflow for you to decide what works for you when you get into an actual full project.

ATR

• 18. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                            StevenNG Level 1

Hi Bill,

I thank you for all of your help so far. I appreciate the time both you and ATR have taken. I do not view this as a competition between the two of you, and it was certainly not my intention to create any animosity. My only interest is to be able to use PrE to create nice videos of my grandchildren's birthday parties and of my vacations. I am not knowledgeable enough to determine who may be right and who may be wrong, or whose response is better. So, I am trying everyone's advice.

That being said, I have tried the following:

1. Using the crop tool to change a photo to 16:9 ratio. Bringing that into photoshop. Doing a few simple edits--Black and White, and Topaz Glow. Saving, and returning to photoshop. By default, I save PS edits as Tiffs. I imported the Tiffs into PrE (both Organizer and Elements) and realized the program cannot read the Tiff format. So I next went through the same workflow, but in addition to the Tiff, I "saved as" a JPEG. This was imported into PrE with all of the edits I made--16:9 format, B&W, Topaz. This is wonderful! Problem half solved!

2. I still cannot import a photo into PrE and retain edits that were made only with Lightroom. As you indicated, there is no save option in LR. You address this in your email, but I do not understand how to do this: "If the image has extra Lightroom work, you have to "Export" a final/finished product.  There is no "Save" in Lightroom.   Skip Organizer and go direct to PrE and follow the "Add Media > From Files or Folders" sequence.  I do it in batches with copies for speed and convenience.  I can explain that more if you want." Specifically, what does "Export" a final/finished product" mean. Also (but less important) how to do it in batches.) (First, I just want to get one photo with LR edits, imported properly into PrE.)  I think if I get this part resolved, all of my original issues will have been addressed.

I hope you choose to answer this, as I can use the help.

Thanks.

Steven

• 19. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                              whsprague Level 4

StevenNG wrote:

I do not view this as a competition between the two of you, and it was certainly not my intention to create any animosity. ....

Sorry about you getting stuck with that competition thing.  A few years ago I was where you are.  Although I had been a photographer for decades, complete with an advanced wet darkroom, I had ignored digital, and especially video.  When I started, this was a great place to learn and a number of people shared ideas and techniques.  At the time ATR was dominating the PrE section at another forum called Elements Village.  There was an apparent beef, the topics were locked, ATR wrote a long diatribe suggesting she (he?) was in conflict with management and moved to this forum to now dominate it.  To try to "give back" some of what I learned, you have to fight ATR for "space".   Finally realizing that you can't post here without getting stomped on, I think I'll look for other places to "give back".

However, you asked for help, so one last time.....

My only interest is to be able to use PrE to create nice videos of my grandchildren....

In my case, it was my granddaughters that encouraged me to learn video.  We formed an informal "company" called SS&G Productions.

That being said, I have tried the following:

1. Using the crop tool to change a photo to 16:9 ratio. Bringing that into photoshop. Doing a few simple edits--Black and White, and Topaz Glow. Saving, and returning to photoshop. By default, I save PS edits as Tiffs. I imported the Tiffs into PrE (both Organizer and Elements) and realized the program cannot read the Tiff format. So I next went through the same workflow, but in addition to the Tiff, I "saved as" a JPEG. This was imported into PrE with all of the edits I made--16:9 format, B&W, Topaz. This is wonderful! Problem half solved!

You're starting with the crop tool in LR, correct?  Then, after the crop, you use the LR "Edit in.." function to send the TIFF to PS, right?  (I skip Organizer and go direct to PE).  If LR is the start, and the right preferences selected, when you finish in PS with Topaz, etc., the image should go back to LR and sit next to the original.  Here you should be able to make more LR changes.

Specifically, what does "Export" a final/finished product" mean.

I do not know why, but Adobe uses "Export" as the word that most would consider being the same as "Save".  It may be that the Export procedures offer so many choices that it needs to be differentiated from Saving.  Please consider watching a tutorial or reading up on the Export function.  For our purpose here, we are going to save an image file for use in PrE by using the LR Export procedure.  When the TIFF from Photoshop/Topaz is back in LR you can make more adjustments if you want.   Right click on the image and select Export. You get a drop down and pick Export again.  The screen should look  like this:

Capture.JPG

There are two important choices.  Where you put the new file and the format.  Of the three Image Format choices, PSD, JPEG and DNG will work in PrE.  I don't like JPEG because it compresses some quality out of the image.  I like PSD because, like TIFFs, it does not.  When you press Export, your new PSD image will be saved with all previous changes made in LR (cropping) to PE for Topaz, back to LR for more of whatever.  Your new PSD image is ready for PrE.  You can put it in a project using Add Media From Computer or dragging in on to the PrE editor itself.

Also (but less important) how to do it in batches.) (First, I just want to get one photo with LR edits, imported properly into PrE.)

LR is made for batches.  Think like a wedding photographer dealing with hundreds of ugly bride pictures!  The Export process described above was for one image to make it simple.  Once you have your images in LR and ready, you can select as many as you want by Command/Control Clicking (or keywording, collections, etc) and all will be processed together.  To keep from getting confused in a project I will create a folder like "Third Birthday" to dedicate to such a video project.  I will put in sub-folders for "Video Assets" and "Photo Assets".  The LR Exports go to the Photo Assets sub-folder.

I also use LR to keep video clips organized.  A day's shoot of an event would have all of the originals in the same dated file folder.  In a different process, I will select the clips I want to use and Export copies of them to the dedicated project file in the Video Assets sub-folder.  The difference in the Export process is that for Image Format I select Original after checking the Include Video.  The result for video clips is that exact duplicates of the original clips are copied to the project folder. 

Hope this helps.  I'd give you an email address if I could.   Good luck and have fun with those granddaughters. 

• 20. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                                StevenNG Level 1

Hi Bill,

THANKS! I have now been able to follow your directions, and I have successfully imported edited stills from LR into PrE.

"You're starting with the crop tool in LR, correct?  Then, after the crop, you use the LR "Edit in.." function to send the TIFF to PS, right?  (I skip Organizer and go direct to PE).  If LR is the start, and the right preferences selected, when you finish in PS with Topaz, etc., the image should go back to LR and sit next to the original.  Here you should be able to make more LR changes."

Yes. I cropped in LR, used the "Edit in" function, etc.

All worked out well, except the image went back to LR but did not sit next to the original. I'm not sure how I get the photo bar on the bottom of LR to sort all images by date, etc., so the two will sit next to each other. I will figure that out. The important thing is you gave me the basics of importing edited stills. I can't thank you enough.

By the way, I am learning LR and PrE through Lynda.com. I love the programs (that's how I learned PS). However, this topic (exporting edited stills) was not covered.

If you can figure out how I can forward you my email, I would be delighted to do so.

Thanks again.

Steve

• 21. Re: Importing from LR5 to Premier Elements 13
                                                  whsprague Level 4

StevenNG wrote:

By the way, I am learning LR and PrE through Lynda.com. I love the programs (that's how I learned PS).

Jan Kabili and Steve Grisetti at Lynda.com are very high on my hero list.  They've done more for me than I can put in to words. 

StevenNG wrote:

the image should go back to LR and sit next to the original

All worked out well, except the image went back to LR but did not sit next to the original. ...

Change what I wrote to:  Since Lightroom creates the tiff file going to Photoshop, LR knows where it is even though it comes back from photoshop changed.  To see it next to the original, be in the Library module and have a folder selected.  At anytime, you can right click on a picture, in this case the original, and select "Go to Folder in Library".  They should be there.   Another of my heroes is Julianne Kost.  She can explain the LR to Photoshop and back routine better than I.  Lightroom 5 - Moving Between Lightroom and Photoshop | Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 | Adobe TV

I sent you a "private message" with my email.