2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 8:29 AM by Cuwen

How to select poster frame for project

Cuwen Level 1

I've read a few discussions on setting poster frames for PP projects. Most people say that it's impossible, you have to use Encoder, or they talk about setting thumbnails for just the individual clips in the project pane. Well, stupid Adobe got rid of Encore and all the cool features that went with that. Why they did that, I don't know. But is there a workaround now where you can set a poster frame for an object in PP or Adobe Media Encoder? I don't have Quicktime Pro, so I can't set it there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: How to select poster frame for project
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hello Cuwen,

Cuwen wrote:

I've read a few discussions on setting poster frames for PP projects. Most people say that it's impossible, you have to use Encoder, or they talk about setting thumbnails for just the individual clips in the project pane.

Are you speaking of poster frames for the Project panel in Icon view or the poster frames one sees on YouTube after uploading a video? Or something completely different?

Cuwen wrote:

Well, stupid Adobe got rid of Encore and all the cool features that went with that. Why they did that, I don't know.

That's actually not the case. You can still use Encore CS6. The only thing missing is dynamic link connectivity which many users do not use anyway. Feel free to install Premiere Pro CS6 and you will have the application.

Cuwen wrote:

But is there a workaround now where you can set a poster frame for an object in PP or Adobe Media Encoder? I don't have Quicktime Pro, so I can't set it there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After I find out exactly what you wish to do, I can help a little easier with this question.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: How to select poster frame for project
            Cuwen Level 1

Thank you very much for responding, Kevin.

Yes, I'm talking about the type of thumbnails you see on like YouTube or Dropbox. It's for Dropbox upload because I can set the thumbnail on Youtube. Dropbox doesn't have the capability to change the thumbnail you see for a video. So I've been trying to change it in my video. Is there any way to do this with Premiere?

Thank you for the tip on Encore! I've been trying to use it. But then I realized, this is a long workaround just to be able to set a poster frame. With how Premiere is touted as being the one-stop movie making software, I would hope they'd have a poster frame option.