5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 10:39 PM by A.T. Romano

What version of APE offers 3D text effects ?

AAClub Level 1

I'm on APE 9, 11 & 12 but none of them offers me 3D text effects.

Something like adding perspective text on the surface of forest trail when video footage showing the video camera was walking and taping on that trail ?

Or, when taping a historic church, I can add perspective text on the wall of church.

Thanks.    

• 1. Re: What version of APE offers 3D text effects ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

aaclub

In the versions of Premiere Elements that you have, have you looked at applying the Perspective/Basic 3D effect to your text title with the Titler closed?

What computer operating system are you using for Premiere Elements programs.The latest version (13) of the program should also include Perspective/Basic 3D effect

Please let us know if that works for you.

If you need more details, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR

• 2. Re: What version of APE offers 3D text effects ?
            AAClub Level 1

Yes, I found the "applied effects" from the right end side bar of APE 11,  However, the effects are limited or I missed somethings.  I couldn't skew the four corners of the text box like Photoshop to desired angles and pasted it to a perspective wall.    

• 3. Re: What version of APE offers 3D text effects ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AAClub

Did you go first to fx EffectsTab/Perspective/Basic 3D to drag that effect into the Timeline clip and then went to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Basic 3D Panel expanded to edit the effect? (I captured the first screenshot when Bevel Edges was selected...should have been Basic 3D for the screenshot).

3D 11.JPG

More Basic 3D.JPG

Afterward, with some position changes in Motion Panel expanded, I aligned some text (in a sort of 3D look on the side wall of a photo of my church's entrance area.

You are not going to get all the Photoshop Elements perks in a video editor. But, first let me make sure that you found what I mentioned and tried it.

Then I will get posted what I did probably tomorrow.

ATR

• 4. Re: What version of APE offers 3D text effects ?
                AAClub Level 1

Yes, I follow your instructions and it works. 

Likely, I don't need to upgrade to APE 13.

Thanks for your advice and have a good weekend.

• 5. Re: What version of APE offers 3D text effects ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

AAClub

Thank for the follow up with the great news that the Perspective/Basic 3D effect worked for you in the Premiere Elements version that you already have.

Great job in the follow through.

Best wishes

ATR