4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2007 12:04 PM by Newsgroup_User

Director Mx

Christine1515
      I'm trying to create a projector from my .dir. When I go 'create projector' I can't seem to add all the external cast. I can only add the .dir file. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried creating the projector with only the .dir but then when I open it, it's always looking for the external files. Is there a way to make all the external files already built in my .dir, even after I finished everything. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Director Mx
          Christine1515 Level 1
          I found out what was wrong with the external files, except for one.. a quicktime movie. For some reason, even though I saved it as an external cast, and I am able to select it when I create the projector, it's always looking for it.. when I try to open the projector.. HELP!!!
          • 2. Re: Director Mx
            Level 7
            QuickTime files are always external and linked to the cast member. You
            have to ship the file with the projector
            • 3. Re: Director Mx
              Christine1515 Level 1
              Well I saved the quicktime file and all the other files as a .cst (Macromedia Director Cast) and when I did the projector I selected the .cst and the .dir.. but it still doesn't work
              • 4. Re: Director Mx
                Level 7
                "Christine1515" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> posted in
                macromedia.director.basics:

> Well I saved the quicktime file and all the other files as a .cst
                > (Macromedia Director Cast)

You can't do that. You must keep it as a .mov file and ship it with the
                projector as Sean said.

Well, you might get away with changing the file name extension, but
                you'll still need to include the video file on the CD.

You cannot include a QT file in the projector itself. Period.

All of this information is available in the Help files. Probably under
                Digital Video or QuickTime.

--
                Mark A. Boyd
                Keep-On-Learnin' :)